free website stats program New blacked out front end | Harley Davidson Forums

New blacked out front end

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Been doing a little work. Had the fork lowers coated, new PM beer cans, new to me black nacelle, Progressive mono tubes, and a slotted six spoke front wheel from a very generous member. Not shown, pulled primary to fix a small annoying leak.

Attachments

• DSC_0754web.JPG
    DSC_0754web.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0750web.JPG
    DSC_0750web.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 90
Very nice...I'm still waiting for cooler weather to swap my forks to black...~120-degrees in garage right now (uninsulated).

Very nice...I'm still waiting for cooler weather to swap my forks to black...~120-degrees in garage right now (uninsulated).

Don't think that garage was cool! Here in Fla. we are enjoying our summer heat right now. There was some sweating involved to be sure. The coating I chose for my forks believe it or not is Line-X. I live and ride close to the coast and a salt environment. Powder coat is good until the first chip here. These aint gonna chip.

Sweet. Did you go flat black?

Whatever the black Line-X is plus they top coated it with their product that adds some shine to it. The texture of the line-X makes it appear not as shiny.

Black always looks good against chrome or polished aluminium

Brian

Don't think that garage was cool! Here in Fla. we are enjoying our summer heat right now. There was some sweating involved to be sure. The coating I chose for my forks believe it or not is Line-X. I live and ride close to the coast and a salt environment. Powder coat is good until the first chip here. These aint gonna chip.

Congrats on "thinking outside the box!" Very creative!

:worthy

Back