free website stats program New Bike Set-up | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike Set-up

Hogfarmer

This question may seem off the wall but I would like to know what the procedure would be for setting up a 2010 Road King Classic when it is recieved by the dealership from the factory, and what is done to the Bike when sold to the customer? Is there a checklist that the service Tech follows.:bigsmiley30:

That's a good question and I wondered the same thing. When I took my new 2009 home I noticed both front legs were at different heights within the triple trees. Once I purchased the service manual I then was able to measure and find neither one was at the correct height. Great QC on the dealership's part. Checklist?..Maybe. But do they read it... Maybe.

Dealer PDI is a charged feature typically and Chopper' list are supposed to be followed. But quality control varies...imagine that as reality is really a function of time, materials and servicer due diligence...we have all experienced both positives and negatives here.

That's a good question and I wondered the same thing. When I took my new 2009 home I noticed both front legs were at different heights within the triple trees. Once I purchased the service manual I then was able to measure and find neither one was at the correct height. Great QC on the dealership's part. Checklist?..Maybe. But do they read it... Maybe.
Thank you for the reply. Where can you purchase this PDI manual and what is the cost.

Thank you for the reply and for sending the 09 manual but cannot acess it as attached.

PDISheetsTouring.jpg

Back