free website stats program New bike not coming anytime soon! | Harley Davidson Forums

New bike not coming anytime soon!

irpete

I ordered my new 08 Heritage back in Feb with an anticipated 6-8 week delivery. Today I called at week 7 thinking that I was close to getting my new bike. Not so fast though. Now I learn that my expected build date is the end of May!:bigsmiley5: To make matters worse, I just sold my 05 wide glide and it's been in the 70's here the last few days.

Anyone know if there is a back up at the York factory? I know that "back in the day" 16 weeks was a good delivery time, but why is it taking so long now?

that sucks what does the dealer say. do they have any on the show room floor or any
that they can bring in from another dealer

Unfortunately for me, I ordered a "Special Edition" bike. I'm not sure if they will let me cancel the order and take one off the floor.

Did you have a delivery date in you sales contract?

No delivery date. Just the salesman's comments that they usually take 6-8 weeks. He also said that they sometimes get them as soon as 4 weeks. To be fair, 6-8 weeks is what I was told by all 7 dealers that I got quotes from.

Have them locate one at another dealer if there is any. Thew swap bikes all the time.
Good idea glider. I had thought that since they have placed the order for the Peace Officer special edition that I may not have any options.

Does anyone know if the factory have a history of pushing back the build dates. I can wait till the end of May if I have to but I don't want to wait just to find out that the date has moved again.

I don't know about the factory and moving back production dates, but I have known a few dealers that sold a bike to someone else because they were willing to pay more for it than the previous customer. There was one local dealer here that would tell you they MAY have one coming in at the end of the month and put your name on a list , take a deposit and wait.

Problem is that I saw his inventory stored in a local warehouse owned by a buddy of mine and he had over 250 bikes still in crates, row after row, some marked, "don't sell till XXXX" There are some very unscrupulous dealers out there that will tell you anything to get a better price for these bikes.

Unfortunately for me, I ordered a "Special Edition" bike. I'm not sure if they will let me cancel the order and take one off the floor.

Dealers do "Dealer Trades" all the time..in fact I'm retired from the Power Company here, but to earn a little chrome money I work for a Auto Dealer and go around the country picking up cars and I ask our Harley dealer here if they do that?..I would be happy to deliver them...lol He said yes but only in a trailer Darn I could have rode it for them..lol anyway good luck...but try to see if they can locate one for yah and it the delivery is too expensive ..hey I'll get it for ya...but of course I will put it in my trailer.< am being serious btw

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will call them tomorrow when they open to see what options I have. Initially, they offered to match the special edition price with an in stock model (but the color wasn't to my liking). If they are willing to do that I'm all over it.

The only reason why I was ordering the special edition is because it was about $1,500 less when you order it from the factory.

I ordered my new 08 Heritage back in Feb with an anticipated 6-8 week delivery. Today I called at week 7 thinking that I was close to getting my new bike. Not so fast though. Now I learn that my expected build date is the end of May!:bigsmiley5: To make matters worse, I just sold my 05 wide glide and it's been in the 70's here the last few days.

Anyone know if there is a back up at the York factory? I know that "back in the day" 16 weeks was a good delivery time, but why is it taking so long now?
Luxury! I paid my deposit on a 2008 Deluxe on 8th october 2007.Today,April 16th, i FINALLY got my bike.That's just over 6 MONTHS.Apparently i'm "lucky"
to have got it that 'quick":bigsmiley9:

Back