free website stats program New Battery | Harley Davidson Forums

New Battery

Mongo1958

Hey Gang
It has been a while. I have not been riding much lately but I still love riding the bike.
Any way The last time I started the bike The battery strained to start the bike. Yes I have a battery tender and the terminals are clean and tight. The battery is about 2 years old and already showing signs of going south and I don't want to harm my Stator or regulator. I found a place called "battery mart" and found an AGM battery made in the USA only $109. I looked up the history here on batteries and I was about to get an Odyssey but at twice the price I could not justify it and I could get 2 of these with free shipping. The reviews were descent so. Its on the way . http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Crank-ETX30L-Battery.html
Does anyone else have experience with the Big-Crank-ETX30L. Made in the USA kinda sold me on it.

I usually go to Batteries Plus and buy mine. Local and if there is a problem I don't have to pack/ship. You can usually download coupons from the local store website. The top AGM they sell is the same manufacture as the stock HD batteries just rebranded with 2 yr warranty.

+2 on Batteries Plus, if I recall correctly, I paid a little more, $129 total I think. AGM type with 340 CCA, more than what is called for on my softail., still going strong after 3 years.

No matter where you get it, the battery you asked about is made by East Penn Co. under the house name of Deka. E.P. is the original supplier of HD batteries. I have been using them for 10+ years, and for the price, I think they are the best deal. I have gotten an average of over 3 yrs. out of each. I do keep a tender on them when not riding for more than a week.
These Deka's are NOT made to the exact standards as HD batteries, contract agreements and all.

Adding to what Breeze3at posted. I have been getting 4-5 years from the Big-Crank. More than one bike so not ridden often enough to maintain a good rate of charge so all are on tenders when parked.

+3 on batteries plus. Be careful they do sell one made in Vietnam or somewhere. I never use a tender. Crank it once a month in winter. I replace them every 4 years regardless. Never had a bad one. Last spring I bought their Duracell brand and its . Holding up well. Made in USA. I think it's still made by east penn

Just confirmed Duracell Ultra agm made by East Penn. You won't be sorry you bought this. All my friends buy Batteries Plus. Never an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put a Duracell from Battery Plus in my '04 E-Glide. Working great.
The old battery was the original '04 HD battery. 13 years service, over 50,000 miles; not bad at all. :D
I use a tender whenever its laid up for more than a month or so.
Rod

Factory (31/2 year old) battery on my 13' Ultra won't hold a full charge any more:mad:, ordered a Deka from Lowes to replace it. I put it on the tender, and it lives in it's own temperature controlled room, but the battery failed me anyway!! I think I got a dud!!:rolleyes:

I just go to my local NAPA store. The battery they sell me is made in the Deka factory in PA. Same factory the HD battery is made in. I get a discount because the NAPA battery does not have the HD logo!

Back