free website stats program new bars,, struggling!! | Harley Davidson Forums

new bars,, struggling!!

astrorock

Hello again all, i have a 99 softail custom. i HATE!!!!! the buckhorns that are on there.. the BH's have a 2" rise and the bike has 4.5" pullback risers.. i had the BH's turned way up and i measured the end rise (assuming a shorter 2" riser) and i got an end rise of 10.5".. do you think the harley 10" apes (measuring 8.75 in the book) would fit?? also do you thinks fatboy bars would look out of place on a softail custom?? i have done all the searches on comfort and handling, mostly looking for opinions here, thanks!!:D

Attachments

• Photo0009.jpg
    Photo0009.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo0008.jpg
    Photo0008.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 44
I wouldn't think that fatboy bars would look out of place. It's your bike. If you think it looks good that is all that matters. That is the great thing about bikes. They are as individual as we are. Good luck in your choice.

I have an '04 softail standard with the buckhorn bars on. Like you i hate them as well. My tax refund is going toward 2" risers and 12" mini apes with internal wiring and 3" forward extension foot controls. I may or may not like that set up, but it's gotta be better then the cramped position I feel like I'm riding now. Oh, i'm 5'11''

Jeff
Austin, TX

i decided to go with the 10" apes with 2" risers and internal wiring. the bars pull down so the actual end rise is 10" but the bend is almost 12. i'll let you know if i have to change any cables.. i measured 13" total rise from the trees so i should be ok with the factory cables..

Back