free website stats program new bars on a 2009 road king | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new bars on a 2009 road king

Yes. You will have enough wires with no pulling. If I remember right smkinnan you have ABS also? Still enough wire with no pulling. These are the correct Heritage style bars.

Funny, I just noticed on the HD website: Beats me that they say this part# 56902-08 WILL NOT work with ABS brakes? The catalog says they will which they DO with no problems or additional components. Talking about confusing. Wow!

Thats EXACTLY why I asked to be clear about the number you had given. The website confused me as well. Thanks for the follow-up. You guys are awesome. :57:

Ok just want to be clear here. You are routing all the wires inside the bar not just the throttle wire. And there is no need for any wire extensions for a 09 Road King.

I have been considering the heritage bars for my 09 RKC.
My question is how tall are you guys that are getting the biggest benefit from the extra height from the heritage bars?
I had to put the Sundown seat on mine so I can plant my feet more securely on the ground while holding the bike up at a stop. At 5' 8" I wonder that since I am already seating lower, hence raising the grips in relation to the seating position, do I really need the extra height? Maybe start with just slightly rotating the bars a little?

Shorter bars seem to pull you forward and lower your hand position causing what riders call "back pinch" or "pain in the neck" after a long ride. I like my hand position to be slightly lower than my heart with a slight bend in my elbows sitting straight up. The Heritage bars will give you that. The problem with rolling your bars back on the Road Glide is they don't roll back far enough without hitting on the gas tank dash before lock and they set really low causing hand tingelling.

We got back from the ride and bars were well worth it. Was asked about height I'm 5'8" also and have lowered the rear 1" and have a mustang daytripper seat so I can sit flat footed also. Bars were great I sit straight up and have a slight bend at the elbows no more leaning forward unless wanted.

Back