free website stats program New 2014 Road King on Order | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2014 Road King on Order

Thanks to all. I'm sure I'll learn more by reading than by writing, so I'll continue reading, and preparing for that first ride. I'll post some pictures after my ride arrives. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

I just picked up my road king last Saturday I added a Vance Hines pro pipe and screaming eagle breather race tuner and had it dynod it came out 85h and 94trq it is one of the strongest running Harleys I have ever owned I am sure you will love your new road king too..i live about a mile off of route 66 in Kansas let me know when you come thru

Congratulations on your new bike! New anything is always awesome. Of course, some new things are more awesome than others. Please post pictures when you can.

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Congrats on the new scoot. I did exactly the same thing 10 years ago. I wanted an HD before I turned 50. My then 'future' riding bud said I should go for the Road King- that I wouldn't be happy with anything else. He was right. I've been on 'her' for 10 years now. You'll do just fine.

The only advice I could give, would be don't ride beyond your skill level.

Have fun.

Thanks WJS Jr.. Its always good to hear of other people successfully accomplishing what you plan to do. Did you have any mechanical or electrical issues with your Road King of which I should be aware?

Congrats and welcome to the family brother!! :hii You are going to love it. There are some fantastic people on here that can walk you through virtually anything on a scoot.
Some tips JMHO from experience:
1) Make sure Momma is comfy on the back, get her whatever it takes to ensure she enjoys it as much as you do. WHATEVER IT TAKES
2) Take your time, experience will come. Don't go lane splitting on the 15 your first day.
3) Most importantly...enjoy the ride. Ride her, don't drive her.

Be safe, have fun and again, CONGRATS!!

Back