free website stats program New 2011 Sportster 1200 Custom | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 2011 Sportster 1200 Custom

love it & the colours,will have to go to local hd & take a closer look,if its in the uk yet ?

Its a bitsa bike to me made up of leftovers. A custom should have a laced skinny front wheel and I don't like the paint. Not as nice as my 2005 XL1200C was.....

d9487918.jpg

80569d38.jpg

Harley is starting to come out with some pretty nice Sportsters. I wonder as the core of Harley owners age the MOCO is realizing the need to make cooler Sportsters to keep us in the fold as we come off the heavy bikes?????

Harley is starting to come out with some pretty nice Sportsters. I wonder as the core of Harley owners age the MOCO is realizing the need to make cooler Sportsters to keep us in the fold as we come off the heavy bikes?????

When I come off the "heavy" bikes, I'm pretty much done. I just don't personally see the Sporty's as "all day ride" bikes....at least they haven't been for me.

When I come off the "heavy bikes", I'll move up to a Trike. I will always want to ride/tour/sightsee ALL day....but that's just me. Tracy

I think the opposite is true - as we older riders go for the big bikes, the MOCO is trying to get the younger riders interested with the less expensive, more exciting models (and away from all the competition in metrics) out there.

The 48 was a cool bike, appealing to the kids, (I wouldn't have wanted to own one), but it was far too expensive. In the UK they can go get a 2 year old GSXR or R6 or Daytona675 for abbot £2000 less!

The 48 was a cool bike, appealing to the kids, (I wouldn't have wanted to own one), but it was far too expensive. In the UK they can go get a 2 year old GSXR or R6 or Daytona675 for abbot £2000 less!

No intention to flame, but you're comparing apples to oranges. First expense...a new bike vs an old bike, and (I'm not knowledgeable about the models noted) the riding styles andtype of bikes these are....crotch rocket, standard frame, cruiser etc.

I'm sure HD is appealing to the younger crowd and $$$$ is a big issue with most. Tracy

Back