free website stats program New 120ST Crate Motor | Harley Davidson Forums

New 120ST Crate Motor

dolt

New crate motor from HD; comes with T/B and injectors and not a bad deal from with a 20% discount. Can't build one for that; I think many will sell. Still some questions about warranty but I think if installed in a 2015 model before delivery, ESP will cover. Apparently the new motor will fit '07 and later touring models but not sure; no warranty on those installs. Owner keeps take out motor; some dealers offering $1500 credit from what I read. 259E cams are advertised but from what I am reading, a new HD SE585 cam may be available.

Attachments

• New 120ST Crate Motor.jpg
    New 120ST Crate Motor.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 86
It probably is chain drive cams but have the hydraulic tensioners I would think. They went with the hydraulic tensioners in '07
tourbox

1206-hbkp-01%2Ba-look-inside-harleys-120r-engine%2Bcover.jpg

Here is the 120 R engine it looks burly

Did a little searching around and found that ESP will NOT cover this engine. If you install this at the time of purchase on a new bike the engine is covered by HD for 1 year ONLY. As for buying it and installing it yourself/Indy have heard that it is parts ONLY for one year no labor covered

Did a little searching around and found that ESP will NOT cover this engine. If you install this at the time of purchase on a new bike the engine is covered by HD for 1 year ONLY. As for buying it and installing it yourself/Indy have heard that it is parts ONLY for one year no labor covered

Good to know; I thought it was too good to be true.:bigsmiley21: Thanks for the clarification.:D

Putting the warranty aside, has anyone here upgraded to one of these, and how is it working for you?
Please give us you experiences, and your total approx. out the door cost.

right now Im seriously thinking of putting in An S&S124 in my Roadglide, they have 2 one with the 585 easy start cams and a 625 cam, Ive wanted to do this for a long time, has anyone done it or do you know anyone that did it and what to they say?

right now Im seriously thinking of putting in An S&S124 in my Roadglide, they have 2 one with the 585 easy start cams and a 625 cam, Ive wanted to do this for a long time, has anyone done it or do you know anyone that did it and what to they say?

I know several that have installed the S&S 124, all in touring models, and all are very happy with the conversion. There is a mild compression torque version (585 cams) and a higher compression horsepower version (625 cams). The mild compression motor is a monster; better be pointed in the direction you want to go when you crack the throttle. That motor will break the tire loose in third gear with a little twist of the wrist; it's a different world. If you can handle the power, you will love it.;)

I know several that have installed the S&S 124, all in touring models, and all are very happy with the conversion. There is a mild compression torque version (585 cams) and a higher compression horsepower version (625 cams). The mild compression motor is a monster; better be pointed in the direction you want to go when you crack the throttle. That motor will break the tire loose in third gear with a little twist of the wrist; it's a different world. If you can handle the power, you will love it.;)
II'm dicing to pull the trigger on it. I've been riding for years so I love powe. What I'm worried about can the bike handle it, or am I gonna have to start replacing stuff. Belt, front end trans.and so on. How does that hold up with this engine.

Back