free website stats program Never say never | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Never say never

I grew up working at the family gas station. I was about 12 y/o and a guy wearing colors and riding a 70's custom chopper rolls in. Tells me he wants to pump his own gas, I say no I have to pump it. He says "spill any on my bike and I am going to knock you on your fourth point of contact". I got nervous and spilt fuel everywhere; tank, pipes, engine, ......

I bet you about messed in you pants. So how did it turn out?

I did that to mine the first week I had it, Kinda of stood there in disbelief when it happened, now what?? and like you, I used a paper towel thinking I screwed up this new paint job, but I didnt, you would never know I dumped gas on it. My wife was standing there at the time to point out the fact that I had just dumped gas over the tank. Like I did not already know that, GEE, WIZ..... THANKS HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure we all have done it and guess what we will do it again!! Just have to make the best of it and move on.

Funny thing about this post, I also spilled a bit of fuel for the 1st time on my Bronze Gold tank with leather bib on my last trip. New station on the road, ones up north have much stiffer smog recovery bellows. While trying to modulate the lever, the bellows slipped out of my hand, stiff enough to push nozzle back and fuel splashed on the outer rim...naturally there was no towels outside, so had to unceremoniously "beg" for a paper towel from the attendant behind the glass...yeechh:newsmile061:

Last edited:
Back