free website stats program Need some ideas from Indiana and Michigan riders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need some ideas from Indiana and Michigan riders

Not sure how far you are going up in the U.P. but if you can get up to the Kewanaww penninsula , all the way up to Copper Harbor , you will not regret it. spectacular riding

Hey, yes I must admit I like the people at Kerstings and their pricing is better than Hoosier and McDaniels. Can,t wait for all this white stuff to go away

the makinaw bridge is a 5 mile suspension bridge connecting the UP and LP together. it has 4 lanes of traffic. the two center lanes are a metal grate so you can see down to the water. very cool. one of the coolest rides i have ever done. worth it to go!

Me and a couple of friends are taking a trip [3-4 days] and going over the Mackinaw bridge from central Ohio towards the end of July. We will have to hammer up I-75 so won't be doing alot of sightseeing. We also plan to go up into Sault St.Marie, Canada for a couple of hours just to say that we did so. Some have a CCL [conceal carry license]and might carry. I know Canada isn't keen on firearms so we won't take them into indian territory. Anybody have any ideas on what to do with our pistols before we cross the border? Some things I have looked into and considered are: not to take our firearms on this trip. Contact the local police/local sheriff to see if they will secure/store them. Contact a local gun shop for short term storage. Not sure what time of the day/night we will be up there but maybe put them in a hotel/motel room safe if we get a room. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Lived in the UP but moved along time ago to the southern part of Mich.
first, stay off of 94,96,75 highways if you don't like the expressways.
Taking 31N is good. want to go up the middle?from Indiana or Ohio?
Take 20 to 52 to 127N. that will get you up to Houghton lake. From there,you can go west or east to the Bridge. Remember, Mac. Bridge can be very windy crossing by bike. They may put you next to a Semi when crossing. Once you get into the UP; hit every gas station you come by !! especially if you are going west to northwest from the bridge. There ain't alot of gas stations in that area.
Soo Saint Marie,Marguete are your two largest towns up there. If you go during the Hot summer months (July,August) the flies are bad. The colors are great during the late September days. HAPPY TRAILS AND RIDE SAFE :hii:yes

Re:ccw OWNERS

Keep your pistols at home !! Canada will give you a hard time. If there is a bunch of you going, why are they needed.?

`````````````````````````````````fellow ccw member......:42::newsmile057:

Back