free website stats program Need lower seat for Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Need lower seat for Street Glide

retgi

New member here and just picked up my first H.D. after owning many metrics over 40 years of riding. So I picked up a 2010 SG but find the stock seat sits too high for me.
Can anyone recommend a good after market seat to lower me a couple inches? Cobra, C&C, Danny Gray, etc?
I did contact mean Cycles and a couple others specializing in seat mods and they all tell me due to shape of the pan and amount of foam they couldn't do anything with the stock seat. thanks....

We put an HD Reach seat on the wifes 08 FLHX and that did the trick.Its lower and narrower up front which gave her the leg room she needed.It also pushes the rider forward a bit helping with the reach to the bars.

I have had nothing but trouble finding a comfortable seat and one that lets me have firm footing.

So the one we got now is HD's sundowner, it lowers you about an inch or so, enough that I can push the bike back on grade now with no problem.

Comfort wise its not to bad, I can get about 2 or 3 hrs on it, then walk around for about 15 min, get back on and go again

My vote would be for the OEM "Reach Seat". To the casual observer, nothing has changed and the fitment is perfect. The "Reach Seat" sits lower and moves you a bit forward (Could have done without that) but the real benefit is that some of the padding has been removed from the sides which allows you to "straddle" the seat better.

I rode a Reach seat on an '03 Road King for about 24,000 miles and it was great. I highly suggest it.

Back