free website stats program Need input on the Tallboy seat.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Need input on the Tallboy seat....

bobalu

Does anyone here have the Tallboy seat? I'm just looking for some opinions on it before I buy one. (waste of money? works great? not so great? etc.).

I'm 6'1", with long legs, and I'm feeling a bit cramped on my stock 2010 Road King Classic (leg wise. reach is fine). The floorboard extensions don't look like they would do a whole lot, but I'm looking at them as well. I find the stock seat comfortable otherwise.

Any input would be appreciated from those with the Tallboy seat.

thanks!

Bobalu I put the tall boy seat on my road king 3 weeks ago, the bike had the Harley pillow look seat on it when I bought it and I always felt like it squished me right onto the tank. There are a lot of members that talk about the mean city seat people and what they can do with a seat before purchasing a new one. As far as the tall boy goes I think I am going to like it I am 6'1" also and the leg difference is noticable and no more feeling squished, one big thing I did notice is it does sit a little higher and I do ride with the windshield on the bike and the seat has changed where I sit behind the wind shield and so has created a little more wind on the helmet . Overall I think it is going to be a good seat it is comfortable and it fits the Road King tank and dash a whole lot better than the previous seat no more gap. Tim

tall boy seat works for me on 2005 Road Glide. The stock seat was a bust. When I was asking the parts folks about a good seat they said anything was better than the stock seat I had. My wife and I have done 3 tours now where we have logged 2 to 3 thousand miles on each tour spread over 10 to 12 days. We would not have been able to do so with the stock seat. Tall boy may not work for everybody though. It's a bit of a gamble, I just picked it out of the catalogue, and it works for me. I am 6' 1" 210 lbs and I am not going back to stock seat ever!

The tallboy seat was the 1st thing I bought. I am 6'3" and it makes all the difference for riding comfort and safety. The down side is the big pillow passenger seat. It take away some of the sleek Street Glide look.

Back