free website stats program Need Input for Wife's New Sporty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Input for Wife's New Sporty

Thanks again for all the good input, suggestion and support. I am going to check into the oil cooler suggestion....good one! I am pretty optimistic about the vibrtion issue as my wife had no issue when test riding it (compared to her 650 thumper) and was actually much smoother. If it does become an issue, I am thinking different grips, maybe a Bar Snake and a gel insert in the seat. Picking the bike up tomorrow evening (05/10). Hopeful she gets a 100 miles in before dark. Bike is the white / black model with black mags (looks good with the black motor). A small windshield will follow but, not sure which one yet.

I know Wabash can be warm but, having had a 1200 sporty in the past I don't think I would be running for an oilcooler just yet. Air-cooled are suppost to run a little hotter than water cooled. Get a dipstick with temp gauge and take it from there. There are much nicer and better looking add-ons than an oil cooler to spent your money on:60: .

Back