free website stats program Need Help 01 Heritage cranks but won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Help 01 Heritage cranks but won't start

lugwrench

I was riding when my bike started cutting off and back on every time I hit a bump and it started running bad missing sounded as if it was running on 1 cyl.Then it cut off and never cranked back.I would turn my switch to ing. and it would do nothing.I took off seat and checked fuses my fuel pump fuse blowed,I replaced the 15 amp fuse still nothing wouldn't even crank over.I unhooked battery when I hooked battery back up it cranked and started up and ran fine for about 2 or 3 min.Then all of a sudden it cut off it cranked over but wouldn't start.Any ideas!!!!!!

You may want to take the cowl off from the top of the tank and check the wiring around the ignition switch for a broken or frayed wire. Sounds like something is shorting out and this is the first and easiest place to start.

Perhaps removing the battery cables and cleaning the ends and the area they are fitted may be the problem as a disconnect and reconnect of the battery got life to the bike the wee bit of movement of those cables may be what got you going
So clean the other end from the battery on both power and earth cables

Brian

Back