free website stats program Need Handlebar Advice on 09 Street Glide? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Need Handlebar Advice on 09 Street Glide?

I've been thinking of making a similar change, what about part 56176-08 from HD? It states 2" closer but no height change. It also says I'd need to add handlebar-mounted mirrors. Has anyone tried them? I don't want to change my mirrors.

I have an 09 FLHT and have just ordered the 56176-08 bars. In looking on the HD site they look like they will fit straight on without changing anything. Brake or clutch cables etc. (I hope I'm right... please tell me I'm right...) I had an 03 before this bike and I found I was closer to the dash and my passenger had more room than the 09. The seat seems to give more length to the rider at the expense of the passenger. Not a problem really as I am solo 99% of the time. I like the seating position but I just want the handlebars a little bit closer to me. Hopefully, these ones will do the trick nicely. I'll post some feedback when I get them and fit them to the bike.

Cheers

Neil

I put Black Klockwerks Ergo Back Bars on my '09 and love them. You can keep everything stock no need to purchase extensions or new clutch cable. Just need to re-route the clutch cable to free up some slack. Best thing about them is the angle of the bars the stock street glide handlebar angle is horrible, after a long ride my wrists would hurt.

KW-ERGOBARS - Klock Werks Ergo Bars

Also forgot to mention... as noted above you will need to purchase new mirror as the stock mirrors will be blocked by your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may have a stealer dealer as they told me I would need a 2 inch longer clutch cable with the ergo bars. Did you install yourself Sadist and if so, how difficult was it?

Back