free website stats program Need feedback for Quick Release Shields | Harley Davidson Forums

Need feedback for Quick Release Shields

CIP57

I want to purchase a shield for my Dyna Custom 08 and would like some info from people who have installed them and which ones have the least amount of buffeting.

Thanks for your input.

Steve

I also have the HD quick release and am very happy. I heard a lot about buffeting between the different brands before I made the purchase. I was pleased there was very little when I got the HD.

I was able to reduce what little there is by:

• Using a smaller helmet and making sure it properly fit snug on my head.
  • The closer to the tank I hold my knees, the less buffeting I experience.
  • The position where the shield is mounted on the tubes seems to effect buffeting
I think you can get reviews about a particular shield in use by someone. But I don't think anyone can tell you which is best because the effects will differ for different sized riders on differently set-up bikes. Things as simple as having forward controls, tank lifts, or fork bags can effect buffeting.

I believe its a chance you take to buy a shield and hope its what you want. If not, sell it, take a $50 - $100 hit, and try another.

Sounds kinda like my last marriage, except of course, the size of the hit. :D

I got one on my 08 softail. On and off in acouple of seconds and easier to clean with it off. I like it:D

I think jmpancoast said it all. I have the HD Compact Quick Release on my Street Bob. Is there Buffeting...yes at times, depends on how the wind is blowing and how I have my legs positioned. So size, type of controls, mid v. forward, size of the rider etc. all effect whether or not you get the buffetting. Overall, I would say I am very happy with the shield. I am 6' and have mid-controls with highway pegs (little to no buffetting with my feet on either). As was said if you want one, go for it, and I recommend the HD one, it is a quality product.

I've had the HD detachable windshield on my '03 WG since I bought the bike new. Very pleased with the shield.

I do get some buffeting when I wear my beanie helmet. No buffet when wearing my 3/4 helmet.

For a point of reference, I'm 5'10" and have not problem seeing over the shield while riding. For me, that is very important.

I put the HD quick release on my 2008 Fat Bob. I have forward controls and about 70mph I thought my head was going to shake off. If I raised my feet up and blocked some of the wind it got better. I added a set if Rifle lowers and it helped out considerably.

I have the Standard size HD tinted on my FXDC... Buffeting isnt there at all for me with mid controls but im 508. I just adjusted a few times on forks to find best position:bigsmiley24:

Back