free website stats program my new toy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

my new toy

its right now about 18f i dont ride it till it reaches at least 36F

very nice enjoy the ride hide the check book from yourself for awhile

Whoa, I am suprised that "Snow Bound" Smitty "breezed" right thru without commenting about your 18F limit...:D

I'm sure he has some good tips from "Snow riding on his FB...!" :small3d018:

Last edited:
The wife walked in as I was looking at your post. "What a pretty bike. Have you thought about one of those?" Is that an invitation to go bike shopping or not!:D

Be careful... be VERY careful! Mine started out complaining about how her seat wasn't comfortable on the FXDC for "long" rides (over 20 miles). We went in the showroom and she spied the seat on the back of the Ultra. The rest is history. If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!":newsmile092:

Beautiful machine!

Only way it could possibly be any nicer is if it had the tu-tone blue and black (it is possible my opinion may be biased) but that being said, I am also fond of red.

I was planning to buy an Electra-Glide Standard as I tend to be thrifty but once my wife saw the Classic with the rather luxurious passenger accomodations, that was the only option.

Unfortunately that meant I also had to put up with the Harmon-Kardon stereo, extra room for luggage and a bit more chrome.

Ah well, sometimes you just have to make the best of it.....

Be careful... be VERY careful! Mine started out complaining about how her seat wasn't comfortable on the FXDC for "long" rides (over 20 miles). We went in the showroom and she spied the seat on the back of the Ultra. The rest is history. If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy!":newsmile092:

Jimharvey1, you are so right, only difference was mine complained about the pillion on my metric Kat sportbike (no argument there), while looking for a Harley on Craig's List...after she was through, I did a little search of my own and found my '04 Sporty... :small3d031:

Biglew - double that..."--And if mama gives permission, move quick before she changes her mind!" History repeating itself is a good thing! :D

Great lookin' bike.

The wife walked in as I was looking at your post. "What a pretty bike. Have you thought about one of those?" Is that an invitation to go bike shopping or not!:D

Uh... my wife wasn't so, er, gracious.

I traded in my '07 Heritage for a brand-spanking-new '08 FLHTC in Candy Red Sunglo (long story: I bought the FLSTC *used* and put 7k on it in less than 5 months, and am trading it in less than 9 months later... just before the warrantee expires...)

I tried to convince her that the deal was GREAT ($3 more *per month*), but she didn't wanna hear it.

"I really hope this is the last time you trade in for a new one!"

[non-committal answer mode ON]

"Me too."

[non-committal answer mode OFF]

And she's the one that comes home after a hard day and asks me if we can "go for a ride" :wall

The bike is my preferred commuter ride, and I'll be on it as soon as the roads dry out up here. Cold isn't an issue with me: I rode well into December, 3 days before the first snow...

Back