free website stats program My head breather filter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My head breather filter

The dyno doesn't lie. The M8 filter is a quality filter but it doesn't flow well at all, nor does the head pipe. I am still doing home work, just to learn since I don't own an M8, but apparently the breathing circuit on the M8 motor is different from the TC. Not doubting the effectiveness of your setup but more interested in the performance gains available by simply replacing the filter with a hi flow unit which also means the breather venting system from an earlier model can be transferred over to the M8 with the filter mod.
I dont want to add a tuner just yet, I may alter the air box a bt more and see if the puter likes it
I will keep u updated on any more changes I make side note mileage is still the same I know HD says 43 but mine comes out to 55 and I aint complaining, I like shifting to 6th gear @ 50 mph

I looked at the exploded view of the molded backing plate and see what dolt was talking about.
Looks as if it would be difficult venting externally like the 2016 and earlier years.

Maybe you can post some pic's on how you did this and add the details to the self help section.

I looked at the exploded view of the molded backing plate and see what dolt was talking about.
Looks as if it would be difficult venting externally like the 2016 and earlier years.

Maybe you can post some pic's on how you did this and add the details to the self help section.
Not good at pics, I drilled a hole in the bottom left corner just like I did on my 14 trike, easy job the hose exits there and runs down behind the back pipe and around theoill filler down the frame

HD14FLHR015.gif
If you look here at the left rear corner you can see about where I drilled the hole, sure the stock air box is restrictive, this is a 14, the 17 is a bit smaller lighter and has an air splitter on the front screen, the bottom piece is a snap on with 1 screw holding it on the filter is smaller but better quality

s-l225.jpg
if you look here u can see the bottom half snaps off, just to the left rear is where I drilled my hole

I assume that Jack has connected a vent hose to #11, connected a piece of tubing which exits the hole he drilled in the back cover. Looks like the KISS principal was in play; very clean.;)

I assume that Jack has connected a vent hose to #11, connected a piece of tubing which exits the hole he drilled in the back cover. Looks like the KISS principal was in play; very clean.;)
Thank you, that is what I did ;)

Back