free website stats program My Fork Lock on 2000 RKC Wouldn't Unlock | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Fork Lock on 2000 RKC Wouldn't Unlock

I have resolved my fork lock issue to my satisfaction, but I have hesitated to post it as it is a long story. First I took the bike to a locksmith he mentioned a couple of things, notably that these circle locks are "unreliable and problematic." He said one of my pins would not depress. He also carries ABUS chains and locks Abus Lock USA > Home which are great but weigh about a ton so scratch that approach.
Next the convoluted part starts, I buy a Smart Siren II for HD.COM and fail to read the last part of a sentence that says " installed with a factory security system" So I end up ordering a TSSM from Pikes Peak Harley and figure they know what I need. They can't read any better than I can, so I still need the wiring harness that is obsolete and they mention that I could have issues returning these parts I just bought. Turns out in a bin in Outpost Harley in Pueblo is my wiring harness and I charge down there to get it. Took me a whole day to install the security system moving 2 relays and learning how to build Deutsch connectors, removing the BAS, drilling a hole in the console for my little light. PM me if you think my info will help with moral support. Last I didn't have to marry the TSSM as I thought I would and I didn't have to have PPHD activate my FOB like they said I would ($45). So I got my little chirps at the right time and will never use a circle lock again. Total cost $550
I can't find that clock for the fork lock at HD.com glider where did you find that?
webb

Webbtron , i have a 2000rkc also, had the exact problem happen to me ,luckily after messin with it for about 45 mins and after much frustration, i figured it was all or nothin,grabbed the pliers an twisted the key to the unlock position,well it dont lock no more, but i can live with it.

Well, after looking at their clocks I just ordered one for my Roadking. I will let you all know how it turns out in a week or so.

Not a bad price... $59 base price add $5 for chrome instead of aluminum and $10 for back lighting. $74.95 total price with free shipping.

Hope it looks as good in person as it does online! :rider

i sure you will be happy with the purchase. he sends a card with his phone number and is very happy to answer any questions. i am thinking about getting the thermometer so i can swap back between the two.

I had to do a tire so it is going to be a little bit before I get the clock. So let us know how the quality is....if you have the time.....:)

Back