free website stats program My First Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

My First Harley

Thank's

I did get me a leather Jacket,chap's,glove's,gogglyes,two helmets,safety vest and boot's.Now just got to put them on and get some miles under this Rookie's belt :),but by looking at weather may not happen this week.Got nothing but time though.

Tim

Welcome to the HDTimeline forum. Your observation was a good one, the thing is getting a new HD in the winter is great pricing and availability before pulling the trigger and getting one. The other thing is if the weather holds up for a little while longer, you can get an idea of what you would like to do...for you and your bike to be more as one. Take a look at the Self Help Tips section on winterizing your machine, so you change out the fluids when it is time to "bed her down", get a Battery Tender and a few colder weather rides will give you an idea for getting gear to keep you warm (maybe pickup a leather bandanna "Thats-a-Wrap" for your neck and look at winter gloves or heated wear to install over the winter type mods. And by all means enjoy the ride and take it easy.:D

Welcome to The Forum, Sporsters are very good bikes, and will serve you for many years with the help of the self help section and an Official H D manual you will enjoy your bike for many miles:rider:wce

Here's a Pic

The postage stamp pix is perfect for your Avatar. You may want to use an online photo service like Photobucket to tailor the size of your thread photos up to 800 x 600 pixels max, so you it is easy to see how great your bike looks...:D

http://www.photobucket.com/

KuryakinMiniWings.jpg

Happy and safe riding.

In Florida the basic rider course is required to get the endorsement on your license, also required to ride legally.

This Friday I am taking the BRC II, a 4 hour, all on track course for emergancy breaking and avoidance techniques, also a must in Florida.:s

I recently purchased a 07 Sportster as well, this is my first Harley and somewhat leery of it. I love the USA, but American made products don’t always impress me. So far I’m loving this Sportster, I have put about 5000 miles on her and I’m really enjoying it. I have found some good info on this forum and I’m sure you will too.

Back