free website stats program My Cams experience 2010 flhtk pratical this vs that | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

My Cams experience 2010 flhtk pratical this vs that

Could of fooled me... Looked Very professional to me and Nice and Clean.. Noticed you Locked down the cyls. so they didn't flop around , Very professional.. Lot of first timers Don't... Take ALL the time you need..

You should have a great bike when you break it in..

How are you going to do the break-in? 30/60/30 like Glider shows ?

If you are don't know ??? Go look at it "Engine Break In For New Motors"
Published by glider (Wise Member)
Published date: Jul 10th, 2007

Couldn't get it up as a Link sorry.. Maybe the Mods. can.

signed....BUBBIE

Got my cylinder heads back from Jarz Performance in Abbotsford yesterday.

I was extremely happy with the service there. They called me a few days ago and suggested installing new valve stem seals while they were doing the machining for the compression releases. I figured why not cause I don't want to pull this engine apart again anytime soon.

When I picked up the heads, not only were the compression releases done (and done very nicely at that) , but they glass beaded the combustion chambers and ports, cleaned up the valves and refinished the mating surfaces as well. All that was included in the extra .4 hours of labour they charged to change out the seals.

Anyways, have to give Jarz Performance a shameless plug here cause when I got the heads back they looked as good as new and were ready to bolt back on. The price was very reasonable and I was very impressed with the quality of their workmanship.

Got the engine back together today and after down-loading the sepst canned map for the 103" with 255 cams etc, I took her for a quick spin.

I found that the engine really pulls hard now from about 2500 rpm on. Not much difference in sound but boy does she spool up fast at wot. Haven't had a chance to take it on the highway yet cause as soon as I pulled back into the shop to check for leaks the heavens opened up and the monsoons began.

Now that everything is back together, I am going to play with the smart-tune feature and see if I can make any improvements over the canned map. I noticed a bit of popping on decel now but otherwise she runs real nice.

I attached some pics of my shiny new looking heads with the compression releases installed. The compression releases sure help the engine crank a lot easier compared to trying start the engine without them so I think they were money well spent.

Attachments

• heads 001.jpg
    heads 001.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 12
  • heads 002.jpg
    heads 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
  • heads 004.jpg
    heads 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
LOOKS GREAT..

I think the weather for you Might get better as we are into a clean-out mode and should be good for you tomorrow (friday) as sun is here in My area today, close to seattle-tacoma wa. Wind blowing the better in.

If you get a brake? enjoy the bike... I did my se255 and had to turn Down the gas flow on the TFI just a bit. Probably because of the .550 lift and 25* intake close.. Yes, I too like the feel..

signed....BUBBIE

Back