free website stats program multiple codes loss of ECM serial data | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

multiple codes loss of ECM serial data

Oh I got Part numbers. I follow the directions as above and the codes do not clear. I went out about an hour ago and the U1016 code is gone! It first showed on both the 'S" and the "SP'. it disappeared from the 'SP' last night around 6pm. it showed up on the 'S' this morning and now it is gone! but hey so is the battery which is new. It is on charge now!! the part numbers arelast night for the U1016 code had Pn68925-07 and for the P0113&P0118 code I had 32919-07 this am I had pn#67033-046 and 32919-07

abody control module Oh Please the next Harley will come up with is if the weight of the rider changes the bike won't start unless the dereiere print is the same! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the NOTE in step 8 am I missing it says hold reset button until clear reads release button, turn off ignition. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC’s again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.

what about the NOTE in step 8 am I missing it says hold reset button until clear reads release button, turn off ignition. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC’s again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.

Yep, that's to clear the codes. You're learning now :D

Fix the problem then you can run it too.:s

but again I will mention the bike will not run. It won't start it turns over just fine but will not start. I still have codes P0118 and P0113 the intake air temp and engine temp. Do the part numbers that read out refer to Harley part numbers?? Tomorrow morn I will check to see if I have spark?? All the fuses are good and holding Like Hoople mentioned that ECM#26 is comon to all my original codes MAP,TPS, and P0113 & P0118. Can anyway tell me does the speed sensor have a DTC associated?

Have you tryed to disconect the battery, wate a few minutes and reconnect it? It will reboot the ecm.
It sounds like the PC III caused the problems.

I still have codes P0118 and P0113 the intake air temp and engine temp.

Disconnect the engine cylinder temperature sensor connector, Using you Fluke, measure the resistance of the ET sensor. The resistance needs to be between 2K & 5K ohms. If it reads in that range, the sensor is probably OK.

Now with the sensor still disconnected, place your Fluke on the two harness wires that normally go to the sensor. With the ignition ON, read the DC voltage coming from the ECM right at the ET sensor connector where it normally plugs in. (but leave the sensor out of the circuit)

You should see ~5.0 VDC with ignition ON.

Now perform the SAME steps at the air intake sensor. The resistance of the sensor is different, but the important thing you want to see is that 5.0 volts coming from the ECM.

See if you read that +5 volts on each pair of wires. That is what is important. If you don't read the 5 volts at each pair, ring out each set of wires for continuity all the way back to the large ECM connector just to make sure no wires were destroyed during the initial meltdown..

If you don't have the needed 5 volts,, and both pair of wires ring out "Fine" for continuity, it's not looking good for your ECM.

tanx Hoople will get to that this AM. I was not finding 5v anywhere on my packard connector at the ECM last night. Have disco'd the battery, I take mine out to charge and do not charge connected to the electronics.

well hoople I do have power to the ECM (#31) but after 4 sensor checks I have no 5v output. rung out the hot wires from sensors to packard connector and all are good even checked to make sure I had a good ground from sensors all good. Just one more thought before I bury the ECM is to check out Ground wire into ECM if that rings out it is trusty S&W 41 magnum time for the ECM

Don't pull the trigger yet. Pin 31 of the ECM is Battery power but Pin 13 is "Switch power". You must also have +12 volts at Pin #13 for the +5 reference (pin 14) to come on.

Check to see that "switched power" to pin 13 does exist when ignition key is ON.
Also remove the ECM connector and ring pin 14 to frame ground in order to test for a dead short on the +5 rail. Something outside of the ECM could be sinking the reference to ground.

Back