free website stats program mufflers popping | Harley Davidson Forums

mufflers popping

Hard Krome

Hey guys or gals, I have a 1999 carburated Road King. A while back I installed V&H slipon mufflers. Took it to my harley mechanic and he drilled plug from carb and adjusted. It still had some poppin on deceleration. I took it again and had proper jets installed. It improved the poppin but it is still there. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Welcome aboard from Canada. I suggest you post your questions in the "engine, fuel, exhaust" or the "touring" thread and you'll get all the info you need. Not everyone reads the new member thread.

Hey guys or gals, I have a 1999 carburated Road King. A while back I installed V&H slipon mufflers. Took it to my harley mechanic and he drilled plug from carb and adjusted. It still had some poppin on deceleration. I took it again and had proper jets installed. It improved the poppin but it is still there. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?
have you tried for a inlet or exhaust leak J.D:drunk

If you have ruled out any intake or exhaust leaks, It may still be too lean on the main jet. go a bit richer and see what happens. The new exhaust takes a lot of back pressure off the motor alowing a great deal more air flow thrue the system, making it lean.

Back