free website stats program Mph | Harley Davidson Forums

Mph

sbeamer

OK I know this sounds a little, you know. I have an 09 Electraclassic. It's stock. My last 3 were. It only goes 100mph. My 04, would do 114 with the wife on the back.(she loves speed) (lucky for me). Here I have a new bike, with a bigger motor, and it only gos 100 with only me on it!!! What gives? Is it the program in the ECM or just not enough oomph?

Your 04 might have had a download in it? If it did that would of raised your rev limit. If you stage 1 your 09 the higher rev limit will give you more top end and freeing up the breathing will give you better performance for two up riding in the hills.

I have an 09 ultra, still stock at this time and I have had it right at 100 mph with plenty left to go I just started backing down. This is the second time I have heard this from someone with an 09. I don't get it. Are you sure you had the throttle wide open? Just a thought I don't mean to be asking a stupid question or anything.

I have an 09 ultra, still stock at this time and I have had it right at 100 mph with plenty left to go I just started backing down. This is the second time I have heard this from someone with an 09. I don't get it. Are you sure you had the throttle wide open? Just a thought I don't mean to be asking a stupid question or anything.

No worries Trek, part of the deal is gearing (will it pull redline in top gear) and rev limiter (stock ECM program intentionally limits upper RPM, intake/exhaust may limit pull due to EPA/compliant stock a/c & exhaust/catalytic converter/mufflers...as Chopper said earlier).

I agree with you Trek, if you are both stock you should be close to the same, of course some motors are happier then others, maybe your's is really happy:)

I've got an 06 Road King a buddy of mine has an 08 Heritage Softail, both bikes 95 MPH wide open. My wife rides a 1996 Road King 128 MPH and she chickened out.

Think I'd chicken out at 120+ MPH too. Have gotten my fxst to 100. That was fast enough for me. :D

I agree with you Trek, if you are both stock you should be close to the same, of course some motors are happier then others, maybe your's is really happy:)

I did do the 30/60/30 break in like Glider described when I first got it, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll have to see what she has in her before I do the stage one and report back, all this talk has my curiosity up.

You would be surprised if you did a 5th gear AND a 4th gear run what your top end would be. The torque curve in the upper gears is not at it's peak but in lower gears returns higher results. 6th gear will usually just pass 100 MPH on most bikes.

My 09, prior to stage 1 installed, would hit 100 MPH by the end of the ramp entering the freeway quite easily. Never really have tested it for top speed as I have intended to do, but I have hit 100 mph with ease while passing. I don't think it will have too much left after 100 mph, but gets there easily. Plenty good enuff for this old man....... after all, I am going to be the big 5-0 soon. :26:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back