free website stats program MP3 Players | Harley Davidson Forums

MP3 Players

Animal

Can anyone recommend a good cheap, easy to use MP3 player for an old fart to put on his 05 Ultra. I want to join the 21st century but don't want to go back to school to do it. It would be nice not to have to stop every time the C/D ends.

THe only one i have used is the Ipod shuffle. It is about 45 dollars at walmart. I am sure there are cheaper but this seems to work well. I have about 130 songs on mine and it still has plenty of roo left on it. THe only downside is that it has no screen so you cant pick songs. Just plug in and hit play, but I would rather look at the road then a screen. Hope this helps.

I've been using a Sansa E280r. It works well with the Rhapsody Music Service, so you can download songs on a subscription basis rather than buying outright if you like to change your music up. I've got about 1400 songs on mine. You can get Sansa's with less memory than what I have (8gb). Fairly easy to use.

I have two iPod classics, 20gb and 160gb. I use one hooked to speakers in my garage. The other goes with me everywhere. Easy to use, reliable, no heartaches.

We use ipods. Hubby puts his on the bike. I just listen to wind & pipes :p Relatively easy to use, I think I would have to recommend going the step up from the shuffle, (unless they have changed this), but a couple of guys from work got the shuffles to run with, and they said that it always starts on the first song, so basically they get to hear the same songs while they run unless they change the play list. The other versions of ipods have a shuffle mode & when you turn it back on, it starts where it left off. I'm sure there are other brands that are good too, these are just my experiences.

I have been down this road and tried a couple of differant MP3 players. Spend the extra money the 1st time around and get an Apple ipod Nano. They are really easy to use with basic computer skills, very reliable, and you can set it up to shuffle the songs so you wont hear the same song over and over.

I have the Creative Zen V Plus. It shows what songs is playing, has an FM radio and mine is a 2 gig which can hold up to around 450 songs and I have seen them as cheap as $40.00. They are, IMO, real easy to use.

Back