free website stats program Moving My Tri-Glide Shifter Forward? | Harley Davidson Forums

Moving My Tri-Glide Shifter Forward?

Hawgit

Hey all,
This is kinda of a take off of the moving the seat back idea we looked at earlier....
I don't know how you all feel while shifting on your Tri-Glide. While sitting on my ride, I feel like I'm sitting too far forward and my heel/toe shifter is too far back. Especially if someone is on the back seat. Shifting up, I feel that my knee is up in my chest. Shifting down is not too bad, but I still feel like I'm too far forward.
Ok, here's the question... Is there a way to move the shifter a bit forward? I saw these longer shift arms, but wouldn't that make the back arm longer and too far back? Or... Am I looking at this all wrong? The seat is fixed and the tour pack ain't moving.
Any thoughts or ideas?

Check this out. They move the boards forward and then if you use extended shift levers it will stay proportional. The best part it doesn't move them any farther out. I put them on my Road King and they are great. Talked with Bill on the phone and he is great guy to boot. Best of all, Made in the USA!

2009brackets

One concern about going to far forward would be, will your boot now fit inside the lower on crash bar to shift ?

Back