free website stats program Most Trouble Free Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

Most Trouble Free Harley

What is the most trouble free Harley that you ever had, Answers such as the Evo or Twin Cam , what year was it and maybe even the model. This could be really interesting!

All my Harley bikes have been evo's I have suffered some minor issues in that lower rocker gaskets and cylinder base gaskets have failed brake master cylinders have needed rebuilds But at over 20 years old they are all doing very well
Other issues have occurred but these were due to previous owners not being particularly diligent or thorough enough when adding or replacing stuff with upgraded components
1992 softail custom has had least problems but was very low mileage for age when I took ownership

Brian

I have only owned 2 a 1200 SE which I only kept about 8 months. My twin cam
Softail custom has been very trouble free so far.

My 2008 Road king had no problems after fuel filter recall.
Owned 5 years and 23000 miles and I rode it like I stole it!:s

I had a 2000 Heritage Softail for a little over 4 years. Never had a lick of trouble with her, other than the carb needed a cleaning and some adjusting. Converted it to the hydraulic cam chain tensioners and swapped cams as long as I was in there. Traded her off for my 2013 FLHTK. No problems with this one, other than it still smell like gas when I shut her down in the garage. Love my Ultra, but still miss my Heritage though.

2008 Electra Glide 25,000 and runs like a Swiss watch. Only issues was the inner primary bearing....

1994FLSTC. Very few problems other than base gaskets, changed out at 30,000mi and learned to let it warm up first. Top end rebuild at 60,000mi and a total reman. at 130,000mi. Still have the bike with many trouble free miles.
2005FLTRI. 64,000mi trouble free miles so far.

1992 FLHS, rocker box gaskets and 1 voltage regulator in the 5 years I owned it

Most have been OK, more or less. My 92 FXSTC was bullet proof. 07 FLHX was a dog and after 4 - 5 flatbed rides in 2 seasons I go rid of it. So far the 12Heritage at 16,000 miles has been trouble free aside from a few very minor non trip altering things. trust it and that's what counts. The 10Ultra had 1 problem but it never left me on the side of the road,38,000 miles.

Back