free website stats program mortal enemy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

mortal enemy

As I have said so many times in welcoming new members, this is the best HD forum on the www. hands down. By keeping a handle on the would-be trouble makers, the mods on this site make sure this is ALWAYS a family friendly place where you can ask any questions you like without fear of ridicule. The truth of the matter is that while some may find the rules somewhat restrictive it is the reason that you can come here anytime, day or night, and feel like you are among friends. Because you are. Kudos to glider and hobbit, Speed, STEVE, Bud, and probably some others I have forgotten to mention.

This is THE BEST forum i have ever been exposed to!! It's foundation is based on fact, not unintelligent meanderings. It has direction and purpose and always leaves you feeling better informed as well as entertained. Thanks moderators for a class act. You could teach a college level class on the subject. It is an honer and a privilege to belong here. billyd1

This is the only motorcycle forum I continually come back too. The first reason is, above all else, the respect for each other. That's number one here and where I run. Second is a combination of professionalism shown and knowledge gained. Thank you to those who drive this forum.

ride safe

I'll second Hobbit here, thanks all for recognition that the moderators do here. It shows up in the long run once we weed out a few that have bad habits. :s

We're going to have to use caution tho.

Our mods are going to get a god-complex (notice small 'g' :s) if we keep telling them how good they are. :p

So what you're saying is....

This board isn't a democracy, but a thriving autonomy? :s

That's what I tell my kids when they argue about something that me and mom have already made a decision on. (the garbage they tell them in school these days!!)

So what you're saying is....

This board isn't a democracy, but a thriving autonomy? :s

That's what I tell my kids when they argue about something that me and mom have already made a decision on. (the garbage they tell them in school these days!!)

Well......close. It's a private forum that has rules and when they are broken, somebody doesn't like it or the results of breaking the rules I should say.:D

I think we came close to saying the same thing.

You're response is just a little more politically correct than mine. :p

I'm also on a couple of other HD sites, and I think the main difference, in terms of the nastiness you see elsewhere, is that this one doesn't have political or religious forums.

One of the sites I visit has some really nasty people on it, venting their particular political views in ways that, at least to me, undermine their actual arguments. And I think this tends to spill over into the other forums on that site. If you've been there, you know exactly who and where I'm talking about.

The thing I like most about this one is that I have come to trust the knowledge and expertise offered here. I'm not a mechanic, but I can recognize fairy dust when I see it sprinkled all around. Some of the things put forward elsewhere are just outrageous.

Since I come here primarily to learn more about mechanical issues, not social issues, HD Talking suits me just fine. I check in at least once, and frequently more than once, a day, and I've learned a great deal about my 03 electronic marvel.

Thanks for the info and the good vibes that always come from this site.

Back