free website stats program Morning Riders! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Morning Riders!

If the fuel pump is developing pressure and you're convinced the connections are good, either the fuel isn't making its way into the cylinder or there's no spark to ignite it.

Could the removal and movement of the fuel tank have dislodged some debris that is now blocking a fuel line?

Have you checked that the spark plugs are firing while attempting a start?

There very well could be debris blocking the line. It is a fairly new bike and it has been well taken care of. I will uninstall the tank again and drain it. In the meantime, I will also test the spark. That way we know it is fuel. I will keep everybody posted, and THANK YOU to all for your help!

When you disconnected the fuel line, did you relieve the pressure first by running the bike and then pulling the fuse to the pump to run it dry??? If not, you might have tore the O-ring slightly and maybe a piece of the O-ring is blocking the fuel line. Always relieve the pressure before disconnecting the line.

Wow. I mean...wow. Before I tore it down again in an attempt to retrace my steps, I removed the seat and noticed the ECM connection at a slight angle. I disconnected it and reseated it properly. The bike fired up just fine. After all that, it was one shabby connection. She is up and running just fine.
WAP.gif

Wow. I mean...wow. Before I tore it down again in an attempt to retrace my steps, I removed the seat and noticed the ECM connection at a slight angle. I disconnected it and reseated it properly. The bike fired up just fine. After all that, it was one shabby connection. She is up and running just fine.
WAP.gif

Good deal, always go back to the last thing you did usually it will rear its ugly head Merry Christmas:s
A bit of dilectric grease on ALL connections to ensure a water tight connection

Back