free website stats program More Questions on Buffeting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

More Questions on Buffeting

When my Bob was down I got a Lowrider to ride with a shield, it was not the same feal I was used to on my baggers

Danthern: I am in So Dakota now and the bike is at home in Illinois. I mounted the brackets for the MS lowers below the triple tree lower brace. The forks have enough free movement space that the forks never hit the brackets. I hope I explained this clear enough that you can picture how I did it. The windshield is mounted at its lowest point so I look over it. This set up works good for me. I enjoy riding my bike now. I didn't want the lowers but I hate the buffeting so I will keep them on the bike. Good luck with what ever setup you go with and have fun riding the HOG.

Gene-C

Thanks Gene...I think it's going to be a process of elimination until I get lucky and hit on the perfect (or as close as possible) situation. I'm sure that multiple variables (rider height, windshield type and level, lowers mounted up or down, in or out, etc) have an effect. Keep playing with it until I find it. Thanks for your help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my Bob was down I got a Lowrider to ride with a shield, it was not the same feal I was used to on my baggers

I wouldn't use a shield and don't around town and on short hops but at 75-80 mph on the Interstate I take a beating without one. Getting old....20 years ago it wouldn't matter. Point it into the wind and let it roll......ah, youth....it's wasted on the young....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back