free website stats program more hp at low speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

more hp at low speed

I would encourage a Stage I upgrade, fuel management and good dyno tune and I would replace the OEM head pipe with a catless head pipe like the Rinhart, V&H Power Dual, Fullsac X-pipe or Fuel Moto head pipe. This will add 10TQ/10HP at least, in most cases more.

However, that will not solve your problem which is being at the wrong rpm level to overtake a vehicle. The H-D vtwin motor loves to spin; my old five speed bikes can run 80-85mph 3300-3500 all day long with no issues.

Two up and loaded, you should probably be in fifth gear most of the time instead of sixth. 2500rpm and below is lugging; add a passenger and/or luggage to make things worse. As others have rightly pointed out, down shift to whatever gear gets you in the power band which is between 3000-3500rpms; drop the hammer and move; your motor will thank you.:coffee

what I meant by low rpm , is for the maneuvering at low speed , as with 3000 rpm to do a U turn exemple is way to high, am talking about my bike , I don't know if all touring are like that or not :(. as far as when driving at 40 or 50 mph , its normal to down shift from 6th to 5 or 4..cause it lugs ...
I would like her to pick up speed when passing cars which I know if I got a tuner ( I am still confused which tuner to get...) with high flow ac will do better than it is now. thanks.

I think your over thinking the passing issue. If you need more power/speed to overtake someone just down shift and make your pass. As far as tuners, take a look at the self help section and read up what others are using and why. There are several on the market that would work well for your application.

I don't run a tach and not sure if I would be looking at it during a U-turn but I don't think 2-3k rpm is an absurd number when doing low speed maneuvers and using the friction zone. If you aren't playing around in the friction zone of your clutch during u-turns, you are doing yourself a disservice. Not only can you control speed easier than coasting with the clutch all the way in or all the way out, you stand way less of a chance of stalling and dropping the bike if you can keep the RPM's up.

Back