free website stats program More Gandalf than Hobbit! | Harley Davidson Forums

More Gandalf than Hobbit!

cedarbrook63

Today, I rode my tame new XL883 the 60 or so miles up the road toward Birmingham where I met with this forum's only European moderator - the one and only Hobbit.

We'd got talking on this site over the last few months since I joined as we're in the same neck of the woods and Hobbit's always been a big fan of the Sporty line.

Today Hobbit went to work on my Sporty and installed SEII slip ons, a Million Mile air cleaner and the TFi which I imported from the US (unfortunately I didn't realize site members could get 10% off so I hadn't mentioned I was a member :small3d023:).

Hobbit epitomized the generosity of spirit that typifies this site giving his time and even some hardware to turn my bike into a whole different experience. The sound for a start! It's got a real Harley gutsy roar now but it's not obnoxiously loud - it even saved me from some hard braking when rolling the throttle at a junction on the way back got the attention of an elderly driver before she pulled out without seeing me :s. The most noticeable performance change is the extra torque at low revs - it's a significant improvement.

I went to a rider's nite pub meet tonight - a lot of bikes there and my sporty got a lot of flattering comments and appreciation.

The smile stretched across my face from the 110 miles I've done since Hobbit performed his magic is still there even though I have unwillingly surrendered the seat of my bike for my sofa - until tomorrow morning that is....:D:D

Thanks Hobbit - and it's all true - his Street Bob 103 is complete monster:D

yeah we all know your a main frame computer somewhere in the deepest vaults of the US.............eh HAL:newsmile090:

Are you serious Hobbit...:naughty.....glider is HAL???? If I recollect, HAL was quite evil, whereas our glider is helpful and thoughtful....:lolrolling

Back