free website stats program Monster Ovals installed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Monster Ovals installed

Just Curious. Do they meet EPA Noise?

One word...no.

Hahaha:bigsmiley20:

Yeah, do you miss them yet!

Although they aren't the loudest ones out there, I can't believe your wife didn't think they were loud enough. Today my wife said she liked my loud Samsons. I guess women like really loud pipes! After riding all day today, she admitted the Monsters sounded good.

Did I mention she's now wearing ear plugs? :D She does love the Rineharts though so all is well.

Glad you haven't scraped them! And, I trust the scrape that I put on is not visible as I indicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
those look awsome!! oh most bought them for my rg. they really look nice on your bike, great choice!!

Congrats I hope you enjoy them. I had mine installed over the winter and I hope to spring her from the dealer next weekend. Did you change to their pipes as well? The V&H sight has a good right up from Cycle World on their page. I heard mine and they are very throaty and way over stock but lack the sharp bang of most aftermarkets. IMHO - OK yes I'm very biased...

(I have got a question concerning the installation of the monster ovals but if this is thread stealing then mods please delete this post and I shall post on a new thread)

I have just put on monster ovals on my 09 Road King (International model) and all went well and I love them pipes. My question is to all MO fans who have a similar install on similar models. My question is about the rear support anchoring the slip-ons to the support bracket (where the rubber isolater is located) in the bike frame. With the MO correctly positioned, the mounting point has moved totally forward of the bracket. Do you guys have the same situation? I am concerned of this situation due to the long lever arm effect on the rubber isolator. The original HD pipes had the mounting bolts stradle the bracket (viz fore and aft of the bracket) whilst with the MO install the bolts are ALL fore of the bracket. Any problems here?

Back