free website stats program Moment of ZEN | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Moment of ZEN

Renewing our wedding vows in 2002, knocked me out all dressed up and living the good life:s, this came after 24 years of marriage and a drastic change in me

Get to repeat it every year. Half glass of Knob Creek and being with my family at the beach in north Camp Pendleton (near San Clemente) at sunset.

Holding my newborn baby girl for the first time... and holding newborn baby girl # 2 for the first time a couple years later... :D

I keep joking with the wife about how I'm gonna get each daughter's name tatooed around each of my little fingers.

I've been waiting a few days to put in my thoughts here. I pondered and reflected trying to come up with something that "really meant something special to me", that hasn't been stated already by someone else.
Outside the marriage, the children and the grandchildren I have one thought that rings deep within.
The day I stood outside the gate at the New London Submarine Base a newly honorably discharged civilian.
I remember standing there and feeling unbounded joy at finally being a free man. But then, as I gazed into the face of that Marine guard, the joy was replaced by a realization of what I had just accomplished. This, in turn, gave me the greatest sense of pride I have ever felt. I knew that would probably stay with me forever, and, it has. For all that has come since that day in 1972, it was and still is my greatest contribution and for that I am PROUD.

There are several moments in my life that I will always remember, BUT....the one that stands out in my mind EVERY time I get on my bike, is that time in 1963 when I was 13 years old, and I got to sit on my neighbours HARLEY! The feeling that came over me was nothing that I have ever felt before, and maybe never will. I said to myself.....one of these days. It took me 44 years, but I got a HARLEY! As I said before...I think about that feeling EVERY time I get on her. I know it sounds 'corny', but it's just a feeling I can't describe. Man...that was a great bike. I can still see it in my mind, but have no idea what model it was.

BRIAN

There are great moments that come to mind, every emotion and experience our senses can comprehend come to mind; sadness of the passing of a loved one, joy of the birth of new life, relief after recovering from long stay in a hospital, passion the first time you met that special someone who changed your life, accomplishment after finding out the last thing you replaced fixed your bike, amazement, the first time you turned the ignition on the bike you were thinking of buying and thinking this could be yours! Yeah, all that plus the storied posts before me, the touring in Yosemite, river rafting, cave spelunking and camping in Northern California, the list goes on and the good news is the best is yet to come...all you have to do is go out and ride to that next desitination, get out that bucket list!

Back