free website stats program Mini Apes vs adding Risers | Harley Davidson Forums

Mini Apes vs adding Risers

I have a 2004 Heritage Softail with stock handlebars. What Im wondering is , what is the difference between putting on mini apes or just adding some risers to my stock bars? Is there a difference or will it be about the same?

Ghostrider; You need to compare the specs. of your bars against the mini apes. Check the rise, pullback, width and decide if the difference is right for you. The stock Heritage bars are very popular and favored by many riders. They are preferred change outs. I'd recommend trying small risers first (no more than 3") with no pull back. If you don't like them, you are not out much money or time.

Ghostrider; You need to compare the specs. of your bars against the mini apes. Check the rise, pullback, width and decide if the difference is right for you. The stock Heritage bars are very popular and favored by many riders. They are preferred change outs. I'd recommend trying small risers first (no more than 3") with no pull back. If you don't like them, you are not out much money or time.

Would I have to change any cable for risors?

Would I have to change any cable for risors?

I've never done it on your model, but your cables/wires should handle 3" or less risers. I put 4"up and 1" back on my '92 Dyna and had to tug on a few wires and cables, but everything worked for the two hours I had them on,,,, I hated them, they crowded me too much.

Back