free website stats program Miles Per Tank? | Harley Davidson Forums

Miles Per Tank?

kzoo

Banned
I don't like to trust the fuel gauge alone, so I usually set the trip meter as a backup in my cars and will do the same on by bike.

I have a 2004 Heritage Classic SE Stage 1, and was wondering if someone with a similar setup could give me a clue as to miles per tank under average commuting conditions....highway and city.

I usually run mine on Clock. I watch my mechanical fuel gage which hit empty long before actual empty. When the mechanical gage gets low I witch my digital over to Miles To Reserve. I have run that down to zero before and when I fill up it takes about 4 gallons. The most miles I have ever gotton out of one tank was about 210. That's getting down there...

On a long trip i try to fuel about every 180-200 unless I know that there is a long dry stretch coming up then I will top off at the last fuel stop available.

Just guessing, but I think it has a 1 gallon "reserve" when the low fuel light comes on. If I figure about 160 miles per tank I hope I am safe enough not to run out, 'cause I ain't fond of pushing 'em!

I have an 04 Heritage and I stop when I get around 160 to 180 miles. I don't like to push it either.

My Bob light comes on @ 1.7 gallons left I can squeeze out another 50 miles before I worry

Just guessing, but I think it has a 1 gallon "reserve" when the low fuel light comes on. If I figure about 160 miles per tank I hope I am safe enough not to run out, 'cause I ain't fond of pushing 'em!
The BEST way for ME is to CHECK the Miles I get Per-GALLON.. Then I figure how many gallons in my tank.. SO i use the LOW # 40 mpg and use 6 gallon tank.
that = 240 miles until MT... I will look for a station no less than 180/200 and I find that works for me.

I set my trip meter to "O" every time I fill the tank.. I watch that for the gas fill needed.

I also plan a route when traveling on a trip out SOOOOO I don't get to a place that Doesn't have a gas station for MILEs... FILL EARLY Walk Later.

signed....BUBBIE

I've got a '98 Heritage (EVO engine) with a reserve tank in tank.
Just wondering if your '04 Heritage doesn't have a reserve in the tank?? (or Twin Cam engine). Only had to flip the switch once. Something I try to avoid.
4.1 gal tank and have to get gas 140-150 mile range to be safe. Have pushed to 160 but don't like to cut it that close. (Also don't put so much gas in that cap causes fuel to spill).
Just wondering why you'd push if light comes on(runs out). Flip the gas switch and get some gas.

I've got a '98 Heritage (EVO engine) with a reserve tank in tank.
Just wondering if your '04 Heritage doesn't have a reserve in the tank?? (or Twin Cam engine). Only had to flip the switch once. Something I try to avoid.
4.1 gal tank and have to get gas 140-150 mile range to be safe. Have pushed to 160 but don't like to cut it that close. (Also don't put so much gas in that cap causes fuel to spill).
Just wondering why you'd push if light comes on(runs out). Flip the gas switch and get some gas.

like JBC says with my 98 softail

Back