free website stats program Micro tuner vs. PV | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Micro tuner vs. PV

I agree with your comments, my scoot ran much better when I lived in Minnesota, altitude is a strange thing and makes tuning a challenge. Next time your in Littleton give me a shout I'm right down the street. We can shoot the mountains.

I appreciate the additional info dolt and jeff. Once upon a time I enjoyed tinkering with tuning be it on old Chevy pickups or my Triumph Tophy or T100. Don't mind doing routine maintenance etc but fiddling with the ECM and tuning just doesn't appeal to me as much. Just want it to run a it better and cooler. Heck buying all the add on dodads wreaks havoc on the bank account can't imagine cams and all that good stuff too! as always I thank you for you advice and input.
WAP.gif

A change in exhaust, stage 1 and fueler should give you the desired results your looking for and it won't break the bank. Adding a fueler is 2 fold, helps cool the engine by adding needed fuel that is lacking due to EPA regulations. These beasts run to lean right from the factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your comments, my scoot ran much better when I lived in Minnesota, altitude is a strange thing and makes tuning a challenge. Next time your in Littleton give me a shout I'm right down the street. We can shoot the mountains.

Good to know. I will make it a point to take that into consideration when planning another trip. My travel schedule may force me to trailer a bike up rather than ride but should the opportunity present, I will certainly take you up on the offer.

Not sure if I'm reading some of these posts correctly or understanding them, but one post said that the computer will adjust for altitude changes automatically, but since I've disconnected the O2 sensors with the addition of the Dobeck tuner, will it still adjust on it's own??? Not sure how the computer would pick up on it without the readings from the O2's. Not a big deal if I have to tweak the tuner manually, but don't want to do it if I don't need to. We're planning a ride into Colorado and beyond later on this year, and just want to make sure she's running at peak performance.
Thanks

Sorry I know this has been beat to death likely. Upgrading to Stage 1 mod are my only plans. Mainly for a heat reduction. Not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out of motor. Plenty power for me currently. Don't care to manipulate rev settings or play with mapping etc. any harm in taking O2 sensors out, run the micro tune instead of the PV? Will be adding power duals, and A/C to my super trap stouts. Can save some bucks also. Thx much
WAP.gif

Sorry I am late to the party, but have you considered the V&H FP3? Your bike is listed in the Fitment section, so it is equipped with the Canbus (HDLAN).

I added this to my '11 FLSTC and am very happy with the results. All but eliminated the decel popping that was driving me nuts before the install and download of a new map. There is NO permanent install required unless you want to do the autotune (even that is not a permanent install - only until the mapping is complete), or you wish to monitor the sensor data as you ride.

Check it out:

Vance Hines | Fuelpak FP3

Gonna do it! - VH FP3 - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm reading some of these posts correctly or understanding them, but one post said that the computer will adjust for altitude changes automatically, but since I've disconnected the O2 sensors with the addition of the Dobeck tuner, will it still adjust on it's own??? Not sure how the computer would pick up on it without the readings from the O2's. Not a big deal if I have to tweak the tuner manually, but don't want to do it if I don't need to. We're planning a ride into Colorado and beyond later on this year, and just want to make sure she's running at peak performance.
Thanks

I'm not sure how the tuner interacts with the computer and the 02 sensor. My scoot was not equipped with a 02 sensor so it wasn't a issue. I can tell you the air is a lot thinner here in Colorado and your scoot will run differently then it does at lower altitudes ie loss of power. If your just passing through on a road trip I would leave your tune alone, as I said you'll notice a lack of performance but nothing thats going to hurt the engine.

Sorry I am late to the party, but have you considered the V&H FP3? Your bike is listed in the Fitment section, so it is equipped with the Canbus (HDLAN).

I added this to my '11 FLSTC and am very happy with the results. All but eliminated the decel popping that was driving me nuts before the install and download of a new map. There is NO permanent install required unless you want to do the autotune (even that is not a permanent install - only until the mapping is complete), or you wish to monitor the sensor data as you ride.

Check it out:

Vance Hines | Fuelpak FP3

Gonna do it! - VH FP3 - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Cheers,

TQ

See post #2. I read about the FP3 when it hit the market and was doubtful; however, I have read several posts like TQs that report good results and fantastic customer support. This is V&H's step up from the Fuelpak and apparently V&H is going the extra mile with tech support to develop a customer base. The auto tune feature reports have all been good, the Iphone app seems to be handy and the fact that there is no permanent install makes the unit pretty appealing and certainly worth consideration. JMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
See post #2. I read about the FP3 when it hit the market and was doubtful; however, I have read several posts like TQs that report good results and fantastic customer support. This is V&H's step up from the Fuelpak and apparently V&H is going the extra mile with tech support to develop a customer base. The auto tune feature reports have all been good, the Iphone app seems to be handy and the fact that there is no permanent install makes the unit pretty appealing and certainly worth consideration. JMHO.
Hey dolt, thanks I have looked at the FP3 will take another more detailed looked. Thx again for the advice...do appreciate it. Be well
WAP.gif

Back