free website stats program Metzeler CruiseTec Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

Metzeler CruiseTec Tires

Has any one see or have a set of the new Metzelers CruiseTec Tires on their Big Touring model.I started looking at new tires. I so dislike my stock Dunlops. At 4k+ they are starting to act slick and wear is so noted. Yes I do ride it like I stole it rain or shine and even this Texas Yellow Snow.It looked like ok the tires to get are the Michelin Commander II. So I called my dealer and asked. The lady told me that they did not have those tires in stock and I asked how much? Her statement was over $125 dollar than the internet price I came back and said I will just order them and bring them to y'all. She said we DO NOT work on tire that we don't sale or if they did not come from another HD dealership with a printed RECEIPT from them . Are you serious and she said yes.
So I started looking at tires and reading the good and bad that when i saw the Metzelers CruiseTec and there was no information out there. So I thought maybe y'all would have some information on the BEST touring tires out there for rain or shine and yellow snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had Dunlop, Avon and quite a few other brands over the years. Last year I switched to Michelin CommanderII and they are fantastic. Go ahead and buy them online and find an independent to install. Cheaper and you get a great tire.

Your so right about find an independent shop to take care of my tires. But it just makes me feel like the HD dealership seems to want to go out of their way to rape your pocket book. To me it would seem like they would want your business and would want to take care of their NEW customers. I understand make a profit but not being a shyster. I own both metric and V-Twins MC. I love riding but not being taken vantage of. But I am still curious about those Metzeler CruiseTec tires.

It does look interesting. Here is Ultimate Motorcycling's review
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...re-review-sportbike-performance-for-cruisers/
Thats a great article about the Metzeler CruiseTec. But I see the test bikes as middle weight bikes. I see the Road Kings and the Ultra limited as HEAVY weight tour models. What would be great is if Metzelers Tire company guys would set up and say would you like to test run these tires for us and hand me over a free set of the CruiseTec tires. But when it comes down to it the Michelin Commanders II have the heavy weight belt for our heavy weight class tour bikes.

Back