free website stats program Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing for Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing for Road King

Hey Bud, why the "unhappy" look in the last photo...would have thought a big smile and look of relief after a job well done would have been more in order, or maybe you missed a nice hot meal trying to get the job done...

Hey Bud, why the "unhappy" look in the last photo...would have thought a big smile and look of relief after a job well done would have been more in order, or maybe you missed a nice hot meal trying to get the job done...

thats just a normal look for me :D i was just rushing and trying to get on it before self timer went off so didnt get time to smile

Well Bud, with all the parts from all your upgrades lying around, are ya gonna get another bike to mount them on...LOL :bigsmiley20:

Thanks Guys

Got out for a ride today and things not good can you say miserable the wind buffeting was terrible on the expressway i thought it was going to take off my helmet glasses and head ..

I have the tallest windshield at 9" and to low

Got home and shimmed the fairing out as much as possible i all ready had it up all the way on adjustments took it back out hopped on x way and better more like it was stock . Not one to leave well enough alone and actually its not well enough tomm will see a trip to the hardware store for some steel channel gonna move the fairing up at least 1-2 inchs to center my hands behind it and might fix the windshield being to low..

The gap on the head light i think will be easy to fix as there is a piece in there all ready heat up with heat gun tweak and air over headlight less..

Wish me luck think i will send the fix to memphis shades when im dont im sure they will love the email i sent them tonight to let them know wind buffetin is 100% worse using the fairing than my stock windshield

1 good thing Radio worked really well less skipping on hard bumps than before .. also seems on the hog the blueback cds work better for mp3s .. silver cd on hog skips back on my work van no problem same radio and trust me the hog rides better than my van

Last edited by a moderator:
Update for today

built a over engineered mount this am took all the windbuffeting above the shield away but moved it up to high over head light got a of air over headlight and radio skipped a lot so no stable .

Removed all that go thinking why not replace the mount bolt longer and then add space .. cut a small hole big enough to replace the screw and spaced out 3/4ths inch or so maybe 1 inch . back out for a ride and lot better than stock but still no perfect gonna have to have a windshield made taller..

went out with mrs and it was terrible .. thought we were getting cross wind got off xway to have lunch and sure enough wind have jumped up to 20 and cross so now not sure hwo it will be 2 up right now if it stay like it was earlier it should be fine for me till i get a windshield

Do you have pics of ther Fat Boy with the fairing?
Z

I put one on my 04 Fatboy and it added a whole new look to the bike. Only issue was the headlight adjustment. I ended up drilling the holes out on the "quick detach" to raise the shield and my headlight. I do not take it off and on so the nylon tabs are no big deal. I really like mine and it is nice on a cool morning.

Back