free website stats program Memorial day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Memorial day

Here is a Hero that my wife met down in Mississippi and has since become very close with. He made all 4 major jumps in WWII. They are becoming lost legions! God Bless them and all the men and women that fight to keep us free!

Handsome looking Vet, God bless him. Is that your wife sharpscuba ? She's beautiful !

I will start my day as usual with a prayer of thanks to all who have served and gone before me, Then it is off to work, No time off for me:s

As I mentioned in another thread, I met a WW II Vet in Washington at the memorial..... pretty much lost it right there. Very emotional. Not too many of them left.
Thanks, again.

As I mentioned in another thread, I met a WW II Vet in Washington at the memorial..... pretty much lost it right there. Very emotional. Not too many of them left.
Thanks, again.

I wanted to share this with you guys. On HDforums an Afganistan Vet posted that he was looking for a seat solution for his bike so when he gets home from Afganistan he will have it ready for him and his wife to ride.

Well a guy called ozfree1979 comes on and posts this:

I have a mustang seat shown above. I got 2 bikes now. The bob and a deluxe for 2 up. I don't need the mustang seat. Paid 350 it's been used once. Will bolt right on. If you are in the mid east fighting for us I will give it to you. No joke. Let me know and it's yours.

-----
Well hows that for showing appreciation to a Vet. The seat he was referring to is the same one I have on my bike. It sells new anywhere from $350 to $400 depending on where you buy and shipping costs. I was quite taken by that.

Here is a link to information on the traveling Nam Wall if any of you care to read it. I met the guy and his wife (shown in the video) the other day. They look a tad older now since they've been doing this for years now. He was wearing a 101st Airbone patch, the original screaming eagle. I also met a very nice guy from Orlando on the ride that was a medic in the big red one.

After we reached our destination we all got to sign the banner. I signed my name but under it put ' for Johnnie Beasley ' my childhood friend whom I lost in Nam. I hope Johnnie got a kick out of that. I could almost see him smiling as I did it. 18 yrs is all Johnnie got to live on this planet before an AK-47 round struck him down in 1968. Now 43 yrs later I sign his name on the Nam Wall ribbon. I liked that. The Wall will be in Tampa thru Saturday. It is then moving to West Virginia for Memorial Day if any of you live up that way.

Vietnam Veterans Memorial - bringinghomethewall.com

Well SharpScuba, RubyRed, HDDon and others, we laid one of our V.N. brothers to rest yesterday at Bushnell National Cemetary. There was quite a turn out of PGR, the ride from the Floral City Funeral Home to Bushnell had enough bikes to stretch out a good 3/4 of mile (I was 3rd up from the tail), and then the families cars behind us.

They had a grave site service and the American Legion gave him a 6 man squad gun salute. One of the PGR vets had a vest that said it best, Came To V.N. as strangers, now brothers forever. He was a little older than me, not sure what killed him.

This Sunday (Memorial Day Weekend) I have a mission in Lakeland (the town nearest to where I live). It will be 20 mins maximum from my home to the mission.

Ron Payne, Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Lakeland (Definitely not Westboro) has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to stand in silent respect for two heroes killed (previously) in action in Afghanistan at their annual Memorial Day Service.

This year, Sgt. Keith Coe of Winter Haven and Sgt. Daniel Angus of Thonotosassa, KIA earlier this year will be honored.

One substantial item of note though, last year they honored five previous KIAs, including Pastor Payne's own son.

God Bless America. And Bless this Memorial Day and all the ones who gave all they had. For greater love has no man, than to lay down his life for others.

I am spending my memorial day weekend riding with a group of fellow national guard members (most of us OIF and OEF vets) riding to Rolling Thunder. We leave tomorrow morning! I have never been to rolling thunder but have been to DC many times.......I'm sure this will be a moving experience.

Back