free website stats program Meguiar`s | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Meguiar`s

Hey

Call me old fashioned. I tried the pledge after reading about it here. It streaks and smears. I went back to Adams Polishes.

Used Adams on my black Corvette, use it on the Ultra, Nothing better. Try working with Megreg in the direct sunlight. . . you can do it with Adams.

Hey

Call me old fashioned. I tried the pledge after reading about it here. It streaks and smears. I went back to Adams Polishes.

Used Adams on my black Corvette, use it on the Ultra, Nothing better. Try working with Megreg in the direct sunlight. . . you can do it with Adams.

You used it too heavy.

Wow, this is one pledge-biased forum. I'm almost positive that Glider is getting kickbacks from Johnsons. I'm going to give it a shot, but honestly, I am skeptical; but open minded.

Sparx

Wow, this is one pledge-biased forum. I'm almost positive that Glider is getting kickbacks from Johnsons. I'm going to give it a shot, but honestly, I am skeptical; but open minded.

Sparx

You'll be back telling us how well it works :D

Oh and another thing.....no kickbacks, just a happy user.

My experience is that there is not a single best answer. I use Pledge as my regular "touch up" of the paint and chrome...and it's all I use on the plexi.

But, twice a year I use swirl revover, glaze, and wax (Mequiars) to do a complete restore of the paint. And, I find that Mother's chrome wax does a far better job on the chrome when it begins to accumulate tiny bits of road crud (despite using the Pledge regularly, like after every ride.) I like the Mother's better than the Never Dull, though I've used both.

For that last minute show quality wet look, the Pledge certainly does the trick.

I use 'Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0' on Paint and chrome. I used to always have problems with tree sap and when it burns onto the pipes I used their chrome cleaner, and it took ages to get it off. Then started using the "Tech wax" and it lifts it off easily. It also contains some sort of filler which gets rid off all the swirl marks/scratches in teh chrome.

Another one who used Meguiar's in the past, ran out last weekend and grabbed the Pledge from the house - and wow, I never thought it would really be that good... I'm a convert.

Back