free website stats program Mechanics of Heart Surgery | Harley Davidson Forums

Mechanics of Heart Surgery

dynamike

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was waiting for the service manager to take a look at his bike. The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its 'heart', take valves out, fix'em, put'em back in; and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a measly salary and you get the really big bucks when you and I are doing basically the same kind of work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running."

I've heard this joke so much, especially since my husband is a mechanic and I'm a nurse. No, definately not a heart surgeon or anything- just a simple old RN at a local clinic. But in our lines of work, we each get tons of jokes just like this, or at least half like this.

Back