free website stats program Maricopa County Emissions Testing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Maricopa County Emissions Testing

Somebody had to the test area, sorry it had to you guys.

It will be nice to see all the bikes having their cats re-installed. No more straight pipes except on older bikes.

What will be so nice about having to reinstall the cats?:bigsmiley29:

Not sure about that. Maybe there was a trade off. I just don't believe for a minute that we have seen the last of motorcycle emissions testing in AZ or in the other 49 States.

I live in Pinal County near Casa Grande and we do not have emmisions, just another way for them to get in our pockets if you ask me. :p

maybe mark9 should come on out and do some riding in the 116 deg day with that cat burning the skin off his leg than lets see what he think about that cat

I've ridden my V-Rod in 100+ with no issues. Just got an Ultra will being the same next summer.

H-D needs to find a better place for the cat.

The long wait is just about over. After June 21, 2013, motorcycles in the metro Phoenix area will no longer be required to be tested. More info is available at the below link.

ADEQ: Air Quality Division: Vehicle Emissions: Collectible Vehicles and Tucson Motorcycles and Phoenix Motorcycles

Just received my Arizona Registration Renewal Notice. Arizona's Maricopa County truly embraced the termination of the emissions testing with their offer to renew the plate:

One year: $85.38
Two years: 148.99
Five years: 285.57

Don't know that I will keep my six year old Dyna with some 65k miles for five more years, but the state does refund pro rata the unused vehicle taxes minus a $12 processing fee. Might be worth it jus to avoid the hassle of reregistering every year. Plus, the emissions test was about $27 per year.

Just thought to pass the word. :thanks

Back