free website stats program Manual | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Manual

I have a Clymer for my Shovelhead, it's OK. IM0 one of the best things about the HD manual is a few specific pictures and details. HD makes more changes year to year than we are aware of.

While the factory manuals are "better"...I like the Clymer manual for two reasons...

1) Although it is an abbreviated book, it combines the important attributes of all 3 HD manuals, Service, Parts and Electrical Diagnostics (at $60 or so MSRP apiece) at a single $35 MSRP price. And yes I have 'em all so I have read them cover to cover. If you stay with HDT for 150 posts and 3 months you will achieve manual download rights (something to look forward to) :D

2) Electrical diagram is easy to read and in color, so when you are tracing wires, it is a piece of cake. The Clymer manual is also physically smaller and as such is very handy when on the road. Just my way...but I never believed in bashing tools of the trade, that is why you are here at HDT, where you can find honest help and opinions with no flak or getting beat up (not too bad anyway)! :s

--- I sometimes will print pages out and take them to the garage and I don't have to worry if they get greasy..

I have an A4 size foolscap binder(2 hole thing ) with my manual pages in.I laminated each page so not only can i take each individual page out,i can take them to where i'm working.If they get greasy i can easily wipe them clean.
Laborious to set up,but works well thereafter.

I received both Clymer and HD for christmas...so I got the both of best worlds...now if I could just learn to understand the wrencher lingo...lol

I have both hd and clymer manuals for most of my bikes but i do prefer to use the clymer
I have found that the information in both is pretty much the same but the clymer has a table at the end of each chapter with all torque settings measurements etc for quick lookup
the clymer manual is broken down into more chapters so it is easier to find the specific points you are looking for
i also have the hd parts list for each of my bikes and it has some very useful breakdowns of the various parts

Brian

Thanks for all the info, I may get the Clymer anyway, you can never have to much info.
I had to repair or replace the quick connect fuel line on my h.d. and got all the info I needed, what to except, look for, how to on this web site, again thanks.

Well it took me awhile to locate these. There are so many search for fee apps that it takes awhile to actually find one where they sell the manual instead of the ability to even see the hit.

DIY Repair Manuals - Softail, 2007 Harley Davidson Softail
Also
HARLEY DAVIDSON SOFTAIL Motorcycle 2007 REPAIR Manual - Download Documents / eBooks

There are so many ambiguious ones out there now, I would contact the seller prior to ordering and verify that they are in fact Harley Factory manuals.

Yes I've thought of getting the Clymer also, but I would strongly recommend getting the HD factory manual in any case. And again it's so handy on PDF, you can just print out worksheets and throw them away if they get dirty.

These are very reasonable in costs, much less than the hard copy.

Back