free website stats program Make my bike loud! | Harley Davidson Forums

Make my bike loud!

bikecurious

Hello, So I have the screaming eagle slip ons (? I believe stage 1?) on my 04 1200r
I am on a strict budget but I want to make them a lot louder.
What can I do? Is there a way that I can just gut them out?
any advice helps! Thanks!:newsmile011:

Gutting them out is not the best option. I'm not sure if you can change the baffles or not, some more knowledgeable sources will be along to give you some options. :s

Hello, So I have the screaming eagle slip ons (? I believe stage 1?) on my 04 1200r

You should be able to change The S E baffles to Big City baffles, Spendy but lots of power and louder than SE

after reading the above....
I installed a set of PYTHON3's on my 2006 1200 sport roadster nd love them,,,, I like a loud exhaust but want it to be GOOD sounding...

GUTTING any muffler is NOT the answer as the SOUNDS become TINNY and the back pressure LIKE Hobbit said IS NEEDED to make your bike run strong....

BUDGET OR NOT better to do it right.... AFTER GUTTING the next thing is TOSSING OUT!
signed....BUBBIE

I have Big City Thunder Baffles on my 08 Fat Boy with SE mufflers. They are not unreasonably expensive. More than satisfied.

I believe the web site you have in mind is Big City Thunder - Exhuast Dynamics

You can probably find a sound clip on Youtube and there are also some on this site. I wouldn't gut you mufflers. You are better off saving them in case you need them for inspection.

Definitely your best option (baffle change) & BCT should be less than $100 vs. going to new exhaust @ $300 - $600. Give them a call - you'll be happy w/the results.

Depends on what you mean by LOUD. The loudest option is drags. You should be able to get a set for under $150 including some anti-reversion cones.

I have straight drags on my '91 Dyna, and it is one of the loudest bikes I have been around.

TQ

I like open drag pipes myself but would never recommend them without saying you will loose hp & torque, you should be able take you stock mufflers if you still have them or the S/E's, take a 1 7/8'' hole drill and cut the weld on the baffles of the mufflers then wedge a pry bar in them, twist and they will come out clean, do not drill holes, it makes them sound tinny. If you go drag pipes I would recommend putting a bolt in them like S&S recommends to break up the reversion, not the reversion cones, have tried them and ran the bikes on the dyno and they have never made a deference. And be prepared to retune.

I like open drag pipes myself but would never recommend them without saying you will loose hp & torque, you should be able take you stock mufflers if you still have them or the S/E's, take a 1 7/8'' hole drill and cut the weld on the baffles of the mufflers then wedge a pry bar in them, twist and they will come out clean, do not drill holes, it makes them sound tinny. If you go drag pipes I would recommend putting a bolt in them like S&S recommends to break up the reversion, not the reversion cones, have tried them and ran the bikes on the dyno and they have never made a deference. And be prepared to retune.

Chopper, I have cycleshack turnouts on my Streetbob and I too added a bolt in the pipes for a bit more reversion. On my trip to the Keys and back I felt a better pull in the engine and no more decel popping. I used this same set up on my baggers with fishtail drags it toned them down and gave me back the low end torque and the neighbors thanked me for it. Jack

Back