free website stats program Major decision! HELP | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Major decision! HELP

OK ... cool it. I was honestly only asking for some guidance here. As I stated earlier, I did expect a bit of stick over this. I had also intended posting a similar question on the Bandit owners forum - but thought better of it. Tonight I took the current Bandit for a spin and thoroughly enjoyed it. My current thoughts are to keep the Bandit and also get the Sportster - I will, of course, let you all know what the eventual outcome is.

Dude..am not the other posters husband btw..lol but am grandpa as well...In any way, are the bikes a like..I mean: the question is the two very different bikes...what I do ,and yeah I know its old school ..but I'm from back in the day... so to speak...is make a list of the pro's and con's of each bike...and your best likes and dislikes with the two bikes...so you will probably answer the question yourself...If ya have any questions concerning the Sporty..Hobbit is a great mind to pick for sure...about the other bike...probably a site for that type Bike would be a better choice to ask(even though Metric site lov to crucify us Harley Men and Ladies..lol ) ...JMHO...oh yeah and btw..I did not take my own advice when I bought my first Harley...i was 58 at the time..went seen it! liked it! bought it!....did not even know how to ride it...lol....maybe that will give you a little in site in the matter...and hope you were not offended by other comments..I honestly think they were tongue in cheek...anyway enjoy the ride which ever way ya go and even if ya go Metric your still welcome here...and Dude ..what ever ya do don't ask whos voting for who.....:).

Last edited:
Wow,I think you guys are going overboard with this political correctness, I don't think dpatzer1 statement was nasty,and I certainly don't think mine was.Pretty sad if you have to walk on tippy toes on a Harley davidson site, and not be able to post an honest response to a question like that that he admitedly knew would get that type of response.

Wow,I think you guys are going overboard with this political correctness, I don't think dpatzer1 statement was nasty,and I certainly don't think mine was.Pretty sad if you have to walk on tippy toes on a Harley davidson site, and not be able to post an honest response to a question like that that he admitedly knew would get that type of response.

>>Wow,I think you guys are going overboard with this political correctness<<

FYI
We like to have a nice forum here without the language and the flaming between members (as you found out in the past) that is present on other forums. It creates an atmosphere that is far from enjoyable by most including the staff here. There are many forums where one can go and practice the keyboard commando style if they are so inclined that will be permitted there.
If a member chooses not to abide by the rules of the forum here and use language and flaming other members, their stay here will not be very long.

If you were to have your own forum, you can post as you wish to post, but when you are a guest at someone elses forum, you abide by their rules. It's as simple as that.

:57::cheers
Wow!
I was only asking!
It was interesting to be asked my age - I'm 48 and three quarters. I have had many bikes over the years.
Still haven't made me mind up though.
Ta for all the comments - I did obviously expect some stick by posting this question here, I was asking for it really.
Thanks for your guidance.
:bigsmiley23:I meant no disrespect when I asked your age, nor an inference about your"Manhood" as someone said. We all should ride the bike we like best at the time we are riding it. That said, it has just been my observance that the younger "rocket riders" eventually mature (if they live that long) and move on to more "mature bikes'.many of those being Harleys. I was just curious how old you were having this quandry about bike choice. 'Nough said:cheers

Last edited:
OK guys - I decided that I am not going for the new Bandit. I have attached a pic of the Sportster I am looking at tomorrow - any comments?

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 41
Wow!
I was only asking!
It was interesting to be asked my age - I'm 48 and three quarters. I have had many bikes over the years.
Still haven't made me mind up though.
Ta for all the comments - I did obviously expect some stick by posting this question here, I was asking for it really.
Thanks for your guidance.

HarleyKat.jpg

Hey, the short answer...Steak or Sushi I like -'em both...you don't take a knife to a gun fight. My Katana is still a sharp knife for carving the canyons, but come touring or two-up the choice for a long ride...my boomer Sporty is my gun of choice! My gals' choice out back is easy, she likes the HD best. :D

Last edited:
Thanks - I think that just about sums up my feelings too. Just can't justify keeping my present Bandit as well...........or can I??? Tomorrow will tell .. I will post the result of the day's goings on here.

Back