free website stats program Made in China ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Made in China ?

You might want to check out Fox Creek Leather. High quality, made here in America, and decent people to deal with. I bought a jacket and gloves from them, and would do so again without hesitation.
And that is a decision that all of us have to grapple with if we want to buy American. Do we wish to buy high quality Made in U.S.A. products for more $$$, or do we vote with our wallets and buy foreign junk to save a few bucks.
There was a post here a while back about quality riding boots. One of our members replied to my post about Russel Boots. They are hand made in Berlin, Wisconsin. I checked out the web site and it looked like his high praise for that company was well justified. He had bought a pair of hunting boots from them as I recall and they lasted him for years. They were the best boots that he ever bought. I think they were close to $400.00!! So we have to decide for ourselves. "Keep America Working" or cheap, inferior products from exploitative countries.

Your government borrows money from China because employment is low and people are not paying taxes so you can go to Walmart and spend your money on Chineese imports to keep the Cineese economy booming.
Ken

Your government borrows money from China because employment is low and people are not paying taxes so you can go to Walmart and spend your money on Chineese imports to keep the Cineese economy booming.
Ken

Couldn't have said it better myself. I refuse to buy the leather goods in the HD shops and support China, Pakistan, or anywhere besides the USA. You won't catch me inside a Wal-Mart. I also refuse to buy american made junk, like most of the vehicles made here. I do like american trucks and still ride a Harley, but for all us middle aged folks that ride a Harley, think of where the grandchildren will be if we don't wise up and take a stand. Let the Harley dealers know that you will look elsewhere for good quality products rather than support shareholders that could care less where things are made, as long as there is profit. Time to wake up America. Lots of american made goods on the internet, and plenty of good leather shops, where you can get well made products for no more than the HD shop.

"Time to wake up America. Lots of american made goods on the internet, and plenty of good leather shops, where you can get well made products for no more than the HD shop."

There are alot of good American made produts including leather! I purchased a motorcycle jacket ( similar to the one I wanted from HD) from a local small business for less than what HD was asking for their foreign made one. It just doesn't have harley davidson across the front of it and I couldn't care less. It does however say made in America on the label inside! That is more important to me. You have to look though and be patient for finding what you want.

You might want to check out Fox Creek Leather. High quality, made here in America, and decent people to deal with. I bought a jacket and gloves from them, and would do so again without hesitation.

I also a customer, very happy with Fox Creek.

What a shame we have sold out to cheaper labor, I keep looking for a bar code on me to be sure I was not made in China:p

Quit buying it. Only you can make a difference. Fox creek is a great place to start. J&P has the made in the USA flag by all the products and they have enough fortitude to include a search feature that allows you to search for made in the USA. I go out of my way every time I buy a part or acc. for my bike to try and find a piece made in the USA. Boots, jeans, jackets, gloves, clothes in general. I'm always shopping for our stuff. Even brands like Ness, Custom Chrome, Kury-whatever, etc. is all Chinese or some kind of ese.
Make up your mind to try and make a difference and search things out. Its out there. Will you pay more? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Forget about Walmart, you don't need it. I haven't been to a Walmart in 15 years and I'm still alive.

I'm done,

Bodeen

I can assure you Capitol Jack, you are 100% USA proof............
:laugh

Quit buying it. Only you can make a difference. Fox creek is a great place to start. J&P has the made in the USA flag by all the products and they have enough fortitude to include a search feature that allows you to search for made in the USA. I go out of my way every time I buy a part or acc. for my bike to try and find a piece made in the USA. Boots, jeans, jackets, gloves, clothes in general. I'm always shopping for our stuff. Even brands like Ness, Custom Chrome, Kury-whatever, etc. is all Chinese or some kind of ese.
Make up your mind to try and make a difference and search things out. Its out there. Will you pay more? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Forget about Walmart, you don't need it. I haven't been to a Walmart in 15 years and I'm still alive.

I'm done,

Bodeen

Hi T how are things down under? Bodeen nailed it here, I will not shop at Wally World Nuff said ,it is my choice to buy American or Canadian :s

Back