free website stats program Made in America! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Made in America!

Can I play devil's advocate and ask if this means boycott Canadian products? There are many companies making products in Canada and shipping them to the USA that are owned by American interests. Wouldn't you be boycotting US products?

Can I play devil's advocate and ask if this means boycott Canadian products? There are many companies making products in Canada and shipping them to the USA that are owned by American interests. Wouldn't you be boycotting US products?

ie, Heinz Ketchup. :newsmile058:

Geezer, I would answer this way, with absolute respect and love for our Canadian brethren...."Made In America" is about creating jobs, getting Americans back to work and supporting our economy. Canada is a wonderful trade partner and shares the riches of this relationship through many avenues including the biggest exporter of oil to America, and I always hope that wonderful relationship is always strong.

Surely no one can begrudge a country or it's people for this, after all it is a stance the Canadian government has implemented for years.

Again, with the utmost respect!

Right on geezer. When I buy something I'm looking for quality and if we don't make it here I have no problem going across the border or over sea's to buy it. When you say American interests I think of corporations not working class Americans. I sell car air fresheners in my motorcycle shop, why? Because they were one of the few USA made products offered in my supply catalog from Mustang besides seats, most of their biker essentials products are imports including their chaps. It's getting harder everyday to find USA made stuff to sell at my shop and when I do it cost so much more my customers are not willing to pay it. So you're right, making stuff in Canada and inporting it does help American interests. LOL
PS: The USA made air fresheners still stink :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on geezer. When I buy something I'm looking for quality and if we don't make it here I have no problem going across the border or over sea's to buy it. When you say American interests I think of corporations not working class Americans. I sell car air fresheners in my motorcycle shop, why? Because they were one of the few USA made products offered in my supply catalog from Mustang besides seats, most of their biker essentials products are imports including their chaps. It's getting harder everyday to find USA made stuff to sell at my shop and when I do it cost so much more my customers are not willing to pay it. So you're right, making stuff in Canada and inporting it does help American interests. LOL
PS: The USA made air fresheners still stink :)

I like the way you think and do business , maybe that is why you have a loyal following, good prices and no nonsense:s

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, let's please remember to keep the discussion non-political. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

Geezer, I have no problem purchasing something that says made in Canada. :s I think most of us look for quality in our products, I have never had any problems with products I have had that were made in Canada or some other countries too for that matter.

Folks, let's please remember to keep the discussion non-political. Otherwise this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

Sorry SledDog, didn't mean to be political. I just thought I'd wave the Canadian flag for a bit. :lolrolling

Back