free website stats program Lucas Oil 10700-PK6 High Performance 20W-50 Motorcycle Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas Oil 10700-PK6 High Performance 20W-50 Motorcycle Oil

Chris mc

Thoughts on using this oil for primary, trans, and engine? Have a 2006 Heritage I just bought so want to replace all three. Someone said JASO MA then it would be good to go for all three. What do the real experts say? Thanks in advance for your insights.

It will work in all 3. A large number of us use 3 different oils, each more specific to the task. Harley Formula + is what I use in the primary. The transmission is quieter and smoother shifting with a heavier trans. lube 75/90 or above. I won't comment about engine oil beyond recommending 20w50. You can find articles praising or condemning any lube on the internet. Harley people are very passionate about lubrication choices.

As Breeze3st says above, owners are passionate about what they run in their rides ask alot of people you will probably get a lot of different answers. My preference is HD Syn in the engine and primary, Redline Shockproof in the trans.

Agree with both posts. I also agree with Russ with using Red Line shockproof in the tranny, the pink color is helpful to detect any leaks and it sticks to the moving parts better than others in my opinion. My oil of choice for the engine is Mobil 1 V twin 20/50 full synthetic.

As Breeze3st says above, owners are passionate about what they run in their rides ask alot of people you will probably get a lot of different answers. My preference is HD Syn in the engine and primary, Redline Shockproof in the trans.
Thanks Gator - you really feel the Redline Shockproof is worth the $20 a quart?

Agree with both posts. I also agree with Russ with using Red Line shockproof in the tranny, the pink color is helpful to detect any leaks and it sticks to the moving parts better than others in my opinion. My oil of choice for the engine is Mobil 1 V twin 20/50 full synthetic.
Jeff - what about in the primary? They have a Redline for that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also use Redline shockproof and feel it is worth the money. Almost all synthetic 75/90 (& above) oils cost in the same range. Mobile1, Spectro platinum, etc. I haven't used Redline primary oil, Formula + works for me.

Thanks Gator - you really feel the Redline Shockproof is worth the $20 a quart?

IMO, a direct yes. I've invested well over 20K in the bike so I'm not going to pinch on maintaining it. I believe I got 2 quarts of Amazon for $36, but that's been some time ago.

IMO, a direct yes. I've invested well over 20K in the bike so I'm not going to pinch on maintaining it. I believe I got 2 quarts of Amazon for $36, but that's been some time ago.
Thanks Gator! (as well as Jeff and Breeze) I went with Redline in trans, HD formula+ primary, and the Lucas for the engine oil, because I figured I will change that more often. Also, do you guys have an opinion on spark plugs? I posted for that as well. Again, thanks, its nice that you all take the time to respond.

Good combinations in all 3 holes, let us know how you like the Red Line in the tranny.
Mine shifts smoother with less clunk.

Back